Ozzie isn't very good on the Pre/Post-Game

Look at Ray Ray Run

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

NBC Chicago firing Rahimi and keeping Ozzie; man it's a real head shaker.

I'm a huge Oz fan, but the really adds nothing to these shows and says a ton of shit about people lol. 

Tonight's show he said he hated Swisher and he didn't belong here; Garfein was really uncomfortable. 

She got fired?!?  First I heard of that. 

And then I read they resigned Kaplan to keep him from going to the marquee  network....are you bleeping me.....let him go!!

I liked Rahimi, that sucks.  Also like Lawrence Holmes so that also sucks.

Edited by wegner

4 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

They should give Ozzie the Don Cherry treatment (before the controversies lol). Give him a 3-5 minute segment each night to go wild, entertaining the meatballs and going viral every so often, but then let the pros handle the rest of the night.

I was thinking of that old radio clip of the Earl Weaver show where Earl was joking around giving really crude answers....it's quite a clip trip if you find it.

21 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Let her go and gave the gig to chuck. I admittedly don't watch much so who cares what I think, but Ozzie just talks about himself and rips people lol. It's funny sometimes but it's an odd structure to the show.

I haven't really listened/watched a post game broadcast much since the old radio days on the score.  I would tune in after a loss just to hear Chris Rongey lose his shit over the negative callers.  He would get himself so worked up.

30 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Did Ozzie really talk about Swisher 12 years after he was on the team?

What is this show? A televised caulfield post? 😂

Hey, now.  There's a growing market for the blow up doll in Toronto dust-up.   Could it be any worse than Our Chuck updates?   Plus, I already have Yasiel Puig lined up as first guest via Zoom to talk glowingly about his fellow countrymen. 

I didn't hear what Ozzie said, but I fail to see what relevance Swisher has to the 2020 White Sox. The pre-and post-game is for analysis, pure and simple. It is not about Ozzie or past grievances he may have. I really think it is time for Ozzie to move on. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought this would be a good role for Ozzie with is gift for gab, but I think I have seen more of his weaknesses as a manager, versus some kind of insight he had as a manager.  He primarily just throws other people under the bus.  It might have made for some teambuilding to have a common enemy in the lockerroom, but it makes for a crappy post game show.  From someone like that, I want to hear a perspective that the ordinary person doesn't have.  I want to hear something that only a player/coach/manager is going to arrive at, and not someone who isn't intimately involved in the game.  These are the kinds of things that both Stone and Hawk did really well.  They could peel back the curtain just a little bit, and tease you with something you wouldn't have thought of as a regular fan at home.  Ozzie just comes off as a twitter troll smacktalking the manager or someone else.  I want in the moment insight, not in the moment pettiness.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah, I thought this would be a good role for Ozzie with is gift for gab, but I think I have seen more of his weaknesses as a manager, versus some kind of insight he had as a manager.  He primarily just throws other people under the bus.  It might have made for some teambuilding to have a common enemy in the lockerroom, but it makes for a crappy post game show.  From someone like that, I want to hear a perspective that the ordinary person doesn't have.  I want to hear something that only a player/coach/manager is going to arrive at, and not someone who isn't intimately involved in the game.  These are the kinds of things that both Stone and Hawk did really well.  They could peel back the curtain just a little bit, and tease you with something you wouldn't have thought of as a regular fan at home.  Ozzie just comes off as a twitter troll smacktalking the manager or someone else.  I want in the moment insight, not in the moment pettiness.

I always thought his best asset as a manager was his ability to pin an external factor on whatever problems the Sox were having under his leadership.  For various reasons you already need a talented, good club to make such a manager work and when the club wasn't talented anymore his "it's us against the world" shit was ineffective.

• Like 2

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I always thought his best asset as a manager was his ability to pin an external factor on whatever problems the Sox were having under his leadership.  For various reasons you already need a talented, good club to make such a manager work and when the club wasn't talented anymore his "it's us against the world" shit was ineffective.

I never had any doubt that he was an "instinctive" kind of manager who managed by his gut.  In this kind of a role, it is easy to say that I would have pitched so and so out of the pen, or I would have hit this guy 2nd instead of 7th, but I want to hear WHY from him.  I want to hear HOW he arrived at that thought.  Again, going back to someone like Hawk, if he was going to take a stand on something, he was going to give you a line of thinking to link to it, like this guy is hot, or this guy is someone who gives another guy fits because of his style,... or something to bring you into the world of how a manager thinks.  Ozzie just tells you why something sucks, instead why he would have done something differently.  You could have picked any Sox twitter trolls to tell you why RR was wrong.  I want to learn something.  That kind of rationale is boring.