Ozzie isn't very good on the Pre/Post-Game

Look at Ray Ray Run

6 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

David Kaplan just gave a pretty emotional goodbye to SportsTalkLive. End of an era.

I wish he'd give an emotional goodbye period and move to marquee where I'd no longer have to see him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

How did Rongey manage to date her?   (Gets ready to be attacked by those arguing that money/appearance aren't the only qualities a man can possess.)

I might have to change my opinion about him at least having some game (one redeeming quality), although not about his broadcasting.

Interestingly, Rahimi is the same age as Ginger Zee.   Unfortunately, in the broadcasting business, there's always that constant recycling of female sports anchors in their late 30's/early 40's....reverting back to the mid 20's, fresh out of the journalism/analytics school equivalents of peppy blonde, blue-eyed cheerleaders.  For me, I'll take the knowledge/insight over the external qualities every single time, but there's always that inner Brent Musburger imprinted in the male brain.

I know from when I worked in minor league baseball, about 90% were men.   The women were always pushed into ticket sales and on-field promotions, like the quite suddenly VERY dated Chevy Pride Girls.  Now, there's actually signs of progress, like Jessica Mendoza and the coach for SFG.

AGEISM.

Edited by caulfield12

Yo, Leila Rahimi got fired??   She was the best In the studio for pre/ post game.  Chuck is burnt toast in comparison.   He’s a nice guy and all, but I personally find his act annoying and old.  

Come on Jerry, you cheap fuck.    I’m sure her salary wasn’t going to drain your money bags.  Should have just let Kaplan go to Marquee, let him.  

Hope Leila lands a gig.  Now we get ducking Chuck everyday, good fucking lord.   

Someone with way more soxtalk skills than I will ever have please do a poll between Leila and Our Chuck.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 1:09 AM, elrockinMT said:

Well I like Ozzie. Very good manager 

Amen brother! I love Ozzie. I am loyal to WS champions. That's my take. I have one title in my lifetime and he did a fine job that postseason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

Amen brother! I love Ozzie. I am loyal to WS champions. That's my take. I have one title in my lifetime and he did a fine job that postseason.

And he hasn't done a good job since. Besides, I thought this thread was about how lousy Ozzie was on TV. I hope we hear no more about Swisher. He's not a part of the 2020 White Sox.

Ozzie hasn’t been on since those comments. Maybe it is coincidence and he had the days off planned, or many he got a double secret suspension. I do think Scotty Pods from the home office is a waste of time.

i think Ozzie is probably a pretty good guy, but his Swisher comments show why he is not in any dugout. You give him a platform to say dumb things, he will say dumb things, and it today’s cancel culture, he wouldn’t last 2 months in a dugout.

He”s back.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jamesdiego said:

Yo, Leila Rahimi got fired??   She was the best In the studio for pre/ post game.  Chuck is burnt toast in comparison.   He’s a nice guy and all, but I personally find his act annoying and old.  

Come on Jerry, you cheap fuck.    I’m sure her salary wasn’t going to drain your money bags.  Should have just let Kaplan go to Marquee, let him.  

Hope Leila lands a gig.  Now we get ducking Chuck everyday, good fucking lord.   

Someone with way more soxtalk skills than I will ever have please do a poll between Leila and Our Chuck.  

Had nothing to do with Jerry- this wAS a shakeup from the top of NBC corporate. They cut a ton of people nation wide from their sports broadcasting.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

Dan Hayes is a staff writer for The Athletic covering the Minnesota Twins. Dan joined The Athletic after 5 1/2 years at NBC Sports Chicago and 8 years at The North County Times, where he covered the Chicago White Sox, San Diego Padres, four World Series, the NBA Finals, NHL Stanley Cup Final, NASCAR, UFC, Little League World Series, PGA and the NFL.

Thought someone was speculating that he was going over to Marquee eventually?

35 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Ozzie hasn’t been on since those comments. Maybe it is coincidence and he had the days off planned, or many he got a double secret suspension. I do think Scotty Pods from the home office is a waste of time.

i think Ozzie is probably a pretty good guy, but his Swisher comments show why he is not in any dugout. You give him a platform to say dumb things, he will say dumb things, and it today’s cancel culture, he wouldn’t last 2 months in a dugout.

He”s back.

The trouble was Ozzie is that he enjoys the public image of being the guy who will say just about anything. That will endear him to some fans, but if he goes too far, as he often does, he will find himself in some kind of trouble.  He just doesn't learn.

1 hour ago, ScooterMcGee said:

I like that he's passionate. Last thing baseball needs are boring people covering the sport. 

Dude just hates Jose Quintana 😂😂

Since Kaplan is a die hard Cubby fan, I can understand that animosity. ;)

I loved Q on the South Side, and further really love the return we got in Eloy and Cease. :)