Ozzie isn't very good on the Pre/Post-Game

Look at Ray Ray Run

Seems pretty much only 1-2 people have come out here on the side of Rongey.

A real shocker, that is. 

Not likeable.   If you're going to be unlikeable, you have to bring something unique/authentic/interesting to the discussion, at least.   Sports are supposed to be fun, not blood sport or mockery of people who don't have the opportunity to learn everything about the team from being around the players and coaches 24 hours a day.

Edited by caulfield12

On 8/8/2020 at 12:39 PM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Had nothing to do with Jerry- this wAS a shakeup from the top of NBC corporate. They cut a ton of people nation wide from their sports broadcasting.

I can understand NBC wanting time cut some fat off the budget and wanting to cut bait with some names.   But Jerry still owns 50% of the station though, amirite?   It’s a nice cover for Jerry to go “oh man, this is too bad what nbc is doing to our Leila here, what a shame.  Oh well”.  But this isn’t something quite 100% out of his control.  He certainly had the power and coin to decide to step up and pay the salary of a very well liked broadcaster covering his teams.  

What’s Jerry’s wealth?   Is he pretty much a billionaire right?  He’s gotta be up there.  He’s made quite a lot of money off this market, much at the benefit of taxpayers with the sweetheart Sox park deal.   There is a pandemic going around and there’s been some great stories of much less well off business owners stepping up for their employees during these times.  Some good hearts at work.  

I’m certainly not in the guys shoes, but I hope that if I was as rich as he is I would pay an loyal employee during a pandemic of all times.   Especially an extremely well liked one, just taking a peak on her twitter there some very upset fans who support his two teams. 

NBC I’m sure also left the choice up to the Sox and they chose Our Chuck, which I’m also not happy about since he’s definitely  inferior to her.  But I’m sure he’s probably all buddy buddy with Sox people more and Jerry is being “loyal” to his guy.   

14 hours ago, jamesdiego said:

I can understand NBC wanting time cut some fat off the budget and wanting to cut bait with some names.   But Jerry still owns 50% of the station though, amirite?   It’s a nice cover for Jerry to go “oh man, this is too bad what nbc is doing to our Leila here, what a shame.  Oh well”.  But this isn’t something quite 100% out of his control.  He certainly had the power and coin to decide to step up and pay the salary of a very well liked broadcaster covering his teams.  

What’s Jerry’s wealth?   Is he pretty much a billionaire right?  He’s gotta be up there.  He’s made quite a lot of money off this market, much at the benefit of taxpayers with the sweetheart Sox park deal.   There is a pandemic going around and there’s been some great stories of much less well off business owners stepping up for their employees during these times.  Some good hearts at work.  

I’m certainly not in the guys shoes, but I hope that if I was as rich as he is I would pay an loyal employee during a pandemic of all times.   Especially an extremely well liked one, just taking a peak on her twitter there some very upset fans who support his two teams. 

NBC I’m sure also left the choice up to the Sox and they chose Our Chuck, which I’m also not happy about since he’s definitely  inferior to her.  But I’m sure he’s probably all buddy buddy with Sox people more and Jerry is being “loyal” to his guy.   

Just to get an idea of JR's weath, ARod, who probably made more money playing baseball than anyone ever, and J-LO, an entertainment mogul, can't come close to buying the Mets. JR has the Sox, worth about as much as the Mets, and the Bulls, according to Forbes, worth almost double that. 

The move to get rid of Leila came from above. I doubt she was making very much. She supposedly lives in a 650 sq. Ft. apartment. But that station is weird. They eliminated Dan Hayes and the guy who was writing for the Cubs. They both wound up at the Athletic. Then they hire Gordon Wittemayer and Adam Hoge to do the same job.

Edited by Dick Allen

On 8/11/2020 at 1:46 AM, Dick Allen said:

Just to get an idea of JR's weath, ARod, who probably made more money playing baseball than anyone ever, and J-LO, an entertainment mogul, can't come close to buying the Mets. JR has the Sox, worth about as much as the Mets, and the Bulls, according to Forbes, worth almost double that. 

But he does (or doesn't) have Jenny from the block, and he's not fooled by the rocks that she's got.  Used to have a little, now she has a lot.

Edited by caulfield12

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Some people may not enjoy Ozzie pre and post game, but I do. Highly entertaining. His Carlos Quentin story just now was absolutely brilliant. And I knew there was a story behind Quentin and Zack Grienke.

Any chance you can recap what he said? Missed the pregame show

9 minutes ago, Sarava said:

Has anyone else noticed Ozzie looks like he is bleaching his skin? He has that fake whiteness to his face like Sammy Sosa has. We noticed when watching the double header on Saturday. His hands are much darker than his face. It looks weird.

I doubt it. It's probably a combination of bright lights and make up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2020 at 6:12 PM, caulfield12 said:

Seems pretty much only 1-2 people have come out here on the side of Rongey.

A real shocker, that is. 

Not likeable.   If you're going to be unlikeable, you have to bring something unique/authentic/interesting to the discussion, at least.   Sports are supposed to be fun, not blood sport or mockery of people who don't have the opportunity to learn everything about the team from being around the players and coaches 24 hours a day.

I only listened to Rongey post game, it was funny listening to him blow a gasket. Some callers were idiots/drunk, but other times he was just stubborn or arrogant.

Don't give a rats ass about the NFL / Bears (family were Chicago Cardinal fans), but if I hear the Bears lose, I try to catch the old guy on WGN (used to be on the score with the other old guy who died a few years ago) to see if he will have an on air heart attack screaming about the stupid Bears.

670 The Score outside of Laurence Holmes, who I like, is either boring or trash.

On 9/22/2020 at 11:56 PM, Buehrle>Wood said:

The show is so great. I can't believe this thread exists.

When I made this thread, it was Ozzie and Chuck every night. Ozzie talked about himself 24/7.

Frank has made the show much better, and has made Ozzie better, but when it's still just Chuck and Ozzie it's trash.