8/6/20 vs. BrewCrew @ 7:10PMCT

ChiSox59

Who gets optioned today? Delmonico would be the logical choice, but why not DFA him 2 days ago instead of Basabe if that was the plan.  Goins probably safe for now until Timmy comes back.  Maybe they DFA Lail before throwing a pitch?  Probably want to keep Collins up so they can continue to play both Grandal and McCann a couple times a week.  

Sure looks like Delmonico to me, but a real headscratcher with the Basabe news earlier this week.   

21 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Who gets optioned today? Delmonico would be the logical choice, but why not DFA him 2 days ago instead of Basabe if that was the plan.  Goins probably safe for now until Timmy comes back.  Maybe they DFA Lail before throwing a pitch?  Probably want to keep Collins up so they can continue to play both Grandal and McCann a couple times a week.  

Sure looks like Delmonico to me, but a real headscratcher with the Basabe news earlier this week.   

I get the impression that Basabe’s rep among fans is more about his billing at the time of the trade than anything he has done as a Sox prospect, especially relative to the other Sox OF prospects.

• Like 1

• Quin pinned this topic
1 hour ago, EloyJenkins said:

Really need to start seeing something out of Collins. If he can start to hit it really helps define the 2021-23 catcher setup for the team. 

Before he can hit, he needs to be in the lineup. First start of the year, right?

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Really need to start seeing something out of Collins. If he can start to hit it really helps define the 2021-23 catcher setup for the team. 

Definitely an important aspect of this season. 

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

I'm ready for the freak outs on him tonight if he goes hitless even though he barely has played much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I'm ready for the freak outs on him tonight if he goes hitless even though he barely has played much.

To be fair... He has been bad in his short MLB stint (~120 ABs).. 

People should be worried about him IMO.. He can't play defense, AND his provide, K 30% in the minors, doesn't bode well for MLB pitching.  Hopefully he can get past it!

• Like 1

I'm expecting lots of runs from the Sox tonight. As long as Gio doesn't implode, I feel good about this one.

I admittedly don't know much about Lindblom for the Brewers but I see that he debuted in MLB in 2011 and has only pitched 14 innings in the Bigs since 2013, while spending most of that time in Korea.

Light him up.