8/6/20 vs. BrewCrew @ 7:10PMCT

ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Luis Castillo dropping a pop up against the Yankees that lost the Mets the game is also up there.

Buckner in 1986...there's really no way to top that one, especially the circumstances.   Leon Bull Durham/SD.   There was a Cubs' outfielder who had a huge error at the end of one season, too.  Brant Brown?

Tony Graffanino against the White Sox in 2005 on a positive note in the ALDS.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

f3d9cf92490eb2df875c0368fdfbb18b_large.g

I watched that one live. This was worse, just as a feat of athleticism(or lack thereof) 

I laughed longer at the Eloy one, that's just miscommunication while this one is all Eloy being an oaf. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Needless hyperbole that this was the worst play in MLB history just makes you look histrionic. It still can be both: A horrendous misplay and not the worst play ever

Whether it was or not is immaterial now.  The perception is going to be that his defense is such a liability (along with the likelihood of injuring himself, Moncada/TA/Robert) that something absolutely has to be done to address it.  No more ignoring it, or "he's getting better/he's improving/he's making strides" cliches on this topic.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Dude, that was a popup in the infield in the 9th inning with a man on second that led to the lead being blown. Gordon Beckham tackled the guy who was calling for the ball lol. 

I had such high hopes for Beckham :(

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Dude, that was a popup in the infield in the 9th inning with a man on second that led to the lead being blown. Gordon Beckham tackled the guy who was calling for the ball lol. 

I'm viewing this in terms of how bad the gaffe was, independent of game situation. 

Of course in terms of game situation that one was worse, as they went from winning to losing the game on that play. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It doesn't matter it's subjective.  Both pathetic .

While I think that was an absolutely embarrassing play, this concept that it was easier than the play I posted above - for example - is jusnot true imo. That ball was hit by a lefty and was slicing hard away from Eloy. it's a play every professional baseball outfielder should make, make no mistake about it, but I think it's much more likely the average soxtalk poster would make the catch on the beckham play than the eloy play. Therefore I think the Eloy play is bad, but it's more bad from a professional athlete standpoint than an average joe could make that play standpoint.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Whether it was or not is immaterial now.  The perception is going to be that his defense is such a liability (along with the likelihood of injuring himself, Moncada/TA/Robert) that something absolutely has to be done to address it.  No more ignoring it, or "he's getting better/he's improving/he's making strides" cliches on this topic.

That 3 year Abreu deal looks awesome now (sarcasm). We have like 9 DHs pretending to be position players and Vaughn coming up soon.

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

That 3 year Abreu deal looks awesome now (sarcasm). We have like 9 DHs pretending to be position players and Vaughn coming up soon.

I think I could say with certainty that Abreu is the least of their concerns right now. Encarnacion and McCann are gone in 7 weeks. Vaughn is probably going to spend 2021 in the minors. In 2022 he and Abreu can spell one another at 1B with Vaughn getting most of the starts. Collins is probably trade bait.