8/6/20 vs. BrewCrew @ 7:10PMCT

ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Would be great if he could become something useful.  I was super high on Hamilton before the cursed season.

Heuer definitely has taken the leap from that righty relief group. Would be awesome for Hamilton, Burdi or Johnson to also be useful.

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I think I could say with certainty that Abreu is the least of their concerns right now. Encarnacion and McCann are gone in 7 weeks. Vaughn is probably going to spend 2021 in the minors. In 2022 he and Abreu can spell one another at 1B with Vaughn getting most of the starts. Collins is probably trade bait.

Vaughn will be in the majors in 2021.

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I think I could say with certainty that Abreu is the least of their concerns right now. Encarnacion and McCann are gone in 7 weeks. Vaughn is probably going to spend 2021 in the minors. In 2022 he and Abreu can spell one another at 1B with Vaughn getting most of the starts. Collins is probably trade bait.

I doubt Vaughn spends more than the minimum in the minors next year.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I doubt Vaughn spends more than the minimum in the minors next year.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Vaughn will be in the majors in 2021.

Even with there being no games this year for him? That would seem like an upset to me, but we'll see

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Heuer definitely has taken the leap from that righty relief group. Would be awesome for Hamilton, Burdi or Johnson to also be useful.

I think at least one of them will, likely Johnson or Hamilton.  A bit surprised Burdi was left off the initial summer camp invite list.  Clearly he has lost some stuff, but he was still throwing hard enough with two other above average pitches to be a decent middle relief option.  Not sure what to make of that situation.