8/6/20 vs. BrewCrew @ 7:10PMCT

ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

How about older players in general?  They tend to come here and die

Soria overperformed expectations.   Albers was decent for half a season.    Let's see.    Those are the two decent ones that stick out the most.    Avilan, mehhh...?

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Cooper earning his highest pitching coach salary in baseball.

Surrender/white flag waved.

Great job Hahn, between Herrera and this year Steve Cishek.  Brilliant mis-evaluation.   It's really challenging to be so wrong, actually, so often.

This is a game where Kopech opting out hurts. He could have been piggybacking with Gio or used so Detwiler could piggyback.  There’s just no pitching depth due to injuries.

• Like 1

Pretending that Felipe Paulino was going to be a mainstay in future White Sox rotations was one of the more hilarious missfires.

For some reason, Keppinger gets the most attention because he was the first class of signees.

Melky and LaRoche, I think Beckham and Bonifacio as well.   Maybe Avila, one of those years?

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

How about older players in general?  They tend to come here and die

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Soria overperformed expectations.   Albers was decent for half a season.    Let's see.    Those are the two decent ones that stick out the most.    Avilan, mehhh...?

Smokey Burgess worked for a couple of seasons.  It's been downhill ever since.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

This is a game where Kopech opting out hurts. He could have been piggybacking with Gio or used so Detwiler could piggyback.  There’s just no pitching depth due to injuries.

Yep, of course, hard to predict we would lose 3 starting pitchers (if you include Lambert) in the course of 10 days...but "quality" depth was always going to an issue.

And Robert takes the Golden Sombrero.  Uh-oh.    This is not exactly what we had in mind with a "GREAT GAME FOR THE REBUILD."

Gotta get our shit together before the next series or we'll get swept out of the ballpark the way everything is going south at once....hitting, bullpen, defense, you name it.

2 minutes ago, ottawa_sox said:

Smokey Burgess worked for a couple of seasons.  It's been downhill ever since.

I personally blame it all on KW overpaying for Linebrink and Dotel...ironically, that did partially lead to a playoff appearance, although both ended up not as advertised.  Linebrink did have an awesome first half that year, though.

Watched the game on delay. To witness Gio Gonzalez:

1. face a lineup 3x

2. Face a lineup 3x with no one warming up. 

Tells me everything I need to know about this manager. You’ll never win anything meaningful with him. He gave the game away before it ever got out of hand. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Listen it is obvious this team isn't ready to contend yet. They lack the starting pitching, the defense is not good enough and the youngsters, while talented, aren't ready yet. 

Well ............... there 'tis.  I think I''ll pull on my Jonathan Toews jammies and call it a night