8/6/20 vs. BrewCrew @ 7:10PMCT

ChiSox59

I love Bennetti and Stone. I really do. I take exception to their pretending we had a chance to rally and win from five down with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. I coulda have done without that homer-ism there. Cmon, don't insult us. The team is one under .500 not some juggernaut yet. Just my pet peeve. Sox were not going to rally and win with one out to spare and needing a five-spot to tie.

I do love the duo and enjoyed Stoney talking about Bruce Sutter's splitter, etc.

Bad loss BTW. We pretty much got smoked.

Edited by greg775

13 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Sox 1-5 hitters tonight:

2 for 19, 13 strikeouts

My only complaint about modern all or nothing, HR or strikeout hitters, is with two strikes I'd prefer they just try to get a hit. I'm thinking the odds of turning a 1-2 or 0-2 count into a HR are pretty low. There will be a ton of games our stars do hit multiple-homers, however.

Edited by greg775

Robert had his first real bad game. Hopefully he learns. This team needs a TA7 injection real quick...and another starter. Cease has to become what we hope and soon, otherwise with injuries this could spiral the next few weeks. Still got 21 more with pirates, tigers and royals though thank goodness.

Eloy needs a time out and I mean that in the best way possible.  Like, this isn't a funhouse.  If you can't make a routine play, don't fucking turn it into a HR.

And if he's really this bad the Sox are kidding themselves thinking he's anything but a DH.

This is a fun, growing team but Eloy had a lazy mistake out there imo and I'd call any player out for it at the MLB level.  Or, if he really is that incapable of stopping and not doing a trapeze act, why is he in the field?

Edited by chitownsportsfan

24 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Eloy needs a time out and I mean that in the best way possible.  Like, this isn't a funhouse.  If you can't make a routine play, don't fucking turn it into a HR.

And if he's really this bad the Sox are kidding themselves thinking he's anything but a DH.

This is a fun, growing team but Eloy had a lazy mistake out there imo and I'd call any player out for it at the MLB level.  Or, if he really is that incapable of stopping and not doing a trapeze act, why is he in the field?

Reinsdorf hires some of the most incompetent and worthless managers and coaches in either MLB or the NBA.

What real purpose do they serve?

Some are clubhouse spies but how many of those does Reinsdorf need?

Eloy needs to relieved of his defensive duties before he has a career-ending injury.

Edited by GradMc

16 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Reinsdorf hires some of the most incompetent and worthless managers and coaches in either MLB or the NBA.

What real purpose do they serve?

Some are clubhouse spies but how many of those does Reinsdorf need?

Eloy needs to relieved of his defensive duties before he has a career-ending injury.

I don't think that's hyperbole.  The Sox are on the clock here with the roster and making some hard decisions.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

I love Bennetti and Stone. I really do. I take exception to their pretending we had a chance to rally and win from five down with two outs in the bottom of the ninth. I coulda have done without that homer-ism there. Cmon, don't insult us. The team is one under .500 not some juggernaut yet. Just my pet peeve. Sox were not going to rally and win with one out to spare and needing a five-spot to tie.

I do love the duo and enjoyed Stoney talking about Bruce Sutter's splitter, etc.

Bad loss BTW. We pretty much got smoked.

7-6 

@NebSox36 @Squirmin' for Yermin

This isn't about directing anger or anything. Who the fuck is a Sox fan and laughs when they suck? That's one of the biggest jokes, when people say "lol" when their team is struggling. Are you actually "laughing out loud" or you're just so dumb that "lol" as a filler is the only thing you can post during rough times? "Hey I should go post on Soxtalk so let's call 'em dogshit and laugh!"

25 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

This isn't about directing anger or anything. Who the fuck is a Sox fan and laughs when they suck? That's one of the biggest jokes, when people say "lol" when their team is struggling. Are you actually "laughing out loud" or you're just so dumb that "lol" as a filler is the only thing you can post during rough times? "Hey I should go post on Soxtalk so let's call 'em dogshit and laugh!"

Too early in the morning for a catfight....and, you're right, all the defensive miscues were not "LOL," but they were certainly things that have to be remedied if we're going to be a legit playoff contender, and soon.

24 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Dude relax! If you don’t get pissed off and have emotions then I don’t know what kind of fan you are. I don’t know how long you have been using the internet but do you really think RR and the boys are scrolling through soxtalk and reading this? Second thing do you think they would even give a shit about you or me if they did read this? I’ll answer both with a no for you bud! This place melts down from pitch to pitch, it’s half the fun and it’s full of passionate sox fans who fucking care! All of us on here give our summers and care enough to watch on a normal year I would say 130+ games and you know what it’s been DOG shit for the last decade, Now we have a team that should be winning and we as fans have earned the right to expect it! So if you don’t like it just ignore it! And GO GO WHITE SOX  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NebSox36 said:

Dude relax! If you don’t get pissed off and have emotions then I don’t know what kind of fan you are. I don’t know how long you have been using the internet but do you really think RR and the boys are scrolling through soxtalk and reading this? Second thing do you think they would even give a shit about you or me if they did read this? I’ll answer both with a no for you bud! This place melts down from pitch to pitch, it’s half the fun and it’s full of passionate sox fans who fucking care! All of us on here give our summers and care enough to watch on a normal year I would say 130+ games and you know what it’s been DOG shit for the last decade, Now we have a team that should be winning and we as fans have earned the right to expect it! So if you don’t like it just ignore it! And GO GO WHITE SOX  

Your first and second sentences contradict one another. You tell me to relax but then you tell me to get mad

Again I'm not angry but don't say "lol" either if you're a jackass who has nothing better to say. They should be the ones ignoring it

Let me put it this way- what do you think the odds are that he was laughing? 0%? My point exactly

8 hours ago, brijames1957 said:

Listen it is obvious this team isn't ready to contend yet. They lack the starting pitching, the defense is not good enough and the youngsters, while talented, aren't ready yet. 

To me contend means in the running for a playoff spot. With the short season playoff format, I think the White Sox will contend for a wildcard and very well may get one. I don't see them as contending for a WS spot because their lack of starting pitching this year will catch up to them.  Defense is more than errors but so far the team has done a good job of making careless errors since they only have made 4 total. Once Madrigal settles in, I think they will be at least average compared to rest of teams.  

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Your first and second sentences contradict one another. You tell me to relax but then you tell me to get mad

Again I'm not angry but don't say "lol" either if you're a jackass who has nothing better to say. They should be the ones ignoring it

Let me put it this way- what do you think the odds are that he was laughing? 0%? My point exactly

LOL 😂 never told YOU to get mad it was a general state...never mind this is a waste of my time! I think you get a little defensive for no reason and get your feelings hurt sometimes. With that said a lot of times you have pretty good takes on topics and I general enjoy to read them! I’ve been lurking on this site for more than 7 years, have a good day sir!

2 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

To me contend means in the running for a playoff spot. With the short season playoff format, I think the White Sox will contend for a wildcard and very well may get one. I don't see them as contending for a WS spot because their lack of starting pitching this year will catch up to them.  Defense is more than errors but so far the team has done a good job of making careless errors since they only have made 4 total. Once Madrigal settles in, I think they will be at least average compared to rest of teams.  

https://www.fangraphs.com/standings/playoff-odds

Still far and away favorites for 7th spot.   Indians have blown past us...and are likely to be impossible to run down this year unless we can actually beat them head to head.

• Like 1