8/6/20 vs. BrewCrew @ 7:10PMCT

ChiSox59

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/standings/playoff-odds

Still far and away favorites for 7th spot.   Indians have blown past us...and are likely to be impossible to run down this year unless we can actually beat them head to head.

I think we can beat Cleveland, we got them with that stretch of horrid pitching to start the year off, I would say we have settled down the second and now 3rd time through! Big question is how we pitch them tomorrow. 

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/standings/playoff-odds

Still far and away favorites for 7th spot.   Indians have blown past us...and are likely to be impossible to run down this year unless we can actually beat them head to head.

Since Indians are a half game  ahead of us, I would re-word to slipped by us. I think we have a good chance to take the weekend series and slip by them. We do catch a break w Francona out for series. 

Edited by SCCWS
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, NebSox36 said:

LOL 😂 never told YOU to get mad it was a general state...never mind this is a waste of my time! I think you get a little defensive for no reason and get your feelings hurt sometimes. With that said a lot of times you have pretty good takes on topics and I general enjoy to read them! I’ve been lurking on this site for more than 7 years, have a good day sir!

Holy christ. Talk about missing the point. I'm not defensive nor do I have my feelings hurt. It was an idiotic thing for him to say. That's it

I pay little attention to the bad guys on the Northside of Chicago. I don't watch there games except when they play the White Sox.  I know there starting players but know  very little about there bench or bullpen. The White Sox signed one of there players (Steve Cishek) this past off season. I never heard of him before the White Sox signed him. I knew absolutely nothing about him. Now that I've seen him  pitch for the White Sox these last few weeks this looks like another bad signing. I've read a number of times that the Cubs are hurting in there bullpen. They just picked up Herrera who was just cut by the White Sox. If the Cubs want Cishek back they can have him. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I pay little attention to the bad guys on the Northside of Chicago. I don't watch there games except when they play the White Sox.  I know there starting players but know  very little about there bench or bullpen. The White Sox signed one of there players (Steve Cishek) this past off season. I never heard of him before the White Sox signed him. I knew absolutely nothing about him. Now that I've seen him  pitch for the White Sox these last few weeks this looks like another bad signing. I've read a number of times that the Cubs are hurting in there bullpen. They just picked up Herrera who was just cut by the White Sox. If the Cubs want Cishek back they can have him. 

No take backs or regifting, unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm still pissed off at eloy.

Eloy is a bad LF, but everyone already knew this. 

How about Renteria allowing Gonzalez to face a lineup three times?!?!

How about Renteria allowing Gonzalez to face a lineup three times with no one warming up?!?!

How does that happen in this day and age?

Once Gonzalez gives you 4 innings, his leash should be incredibly short. Any sort of trouble and you pull him. 

I just can't believe how antiquated this organization is as it relates to pitching. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Butter Parque said:

Eloy is a bad LF, but everyone already knew this. 

How about Renteria allowing Gonzalez to face a lineup three times?!?!

How about Renteria allowing Gonzalez to face a lineup three times with no one warming up?!?!

How does that happen in this day and age?

Once Gonzalez gives you 4 innings, his leash should be incredibly short. Any sort of trouble and you pull him. 

I just can't believe how antiquated this organization is as it relates to pitching. 

I agree with you but in Renteria's defense he should have had 2 out and nobody on in the 5th. Someone should have been up in the pen.

Gio is painful to watch pitch.  Seems like every inning is 30 minutes and every count goes 3-2 with a WHIP of 2+

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

I agree with you but in Renteria's defense he should have had 2 out and nobody on in the 5th. Someone should have been up in the pen.

Gio is painful to watch pitch.  Seems like every inning is 30 minutes and every count goes 3-2 with a WHIP of 2+

I believe Senor Gonzalez is an unlisted member of the Sox Sore Shoulder Society (SSSS). Due to HIPAA requirements we cannot discuss. 

8 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Counsell had his bullpen warming up in the 5th inning to relieve a pitcher who was doing better than Gonzalez.

That's the difference between these two managers. We're still stuck in the past. There was no reason for it. They had arms available in the pen to relive Gonzalez. Take your 4 decent innings, count your blessings, and move on. 

3 hours ago, NebSox36 said:

Dude relax! If you don’t get pissed off and have emotions then I don’t know what kind of fan you are. I don’t know how long you have been using the internet but do you really think RR and the boys are scrolling through soxtalk and reading this? Second thing do you think they would even give a shit about you or me if they did read this? I’ll answer both with a no for you bud! This place melts down from pitch to pitch, it’s half the fun and it’s full of passionate sox fans who fucking care! All of us on here give our summers and care enough to watch on a normal year I would say 130+ games and you know what it’s been DOG shit for the last decade, Now we have a team that should be winning and we as fans have earned the right to expect it! So if you don’t like it just ignore it! And GO GO WHITE SOX  

This isn't true. Athletes most certainly read fan forums and care about what fans think. I was a college athlete and read my school's main message board as did teammates and coaches. We were even members of the message board and posted. Fans are very important and what they say and think matters. 

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I just see his name in the rotation and feel like we have no chance to win. The only game we won with him, he only pitched 3 innings and the offense scored 11 runs.

4 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Dude you can't be a GM if you aren't aware of other players .

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Did Jerry write you back yet?

2 hours ago, hi8is said:

Did Jerry write you back yet?

He hasn't responded to any of my letters the past few years. He use to write back to me but not anymore. I'm still hoping that one of these days he will come to his senses  and grant me a interview for the White Sox GM job. Mark my words, if I ever get the interview and get the job i will be the talk of the city and all of baseball.

13 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

He hasn't responded to any of my letters the past few years. He use to write back to me but not anymore. I'm still hoping that one of these days he will come to his senses  and grant me a interview for the White Sox GM job. Mark my words, if I ever get the interview and get the job i will be the talk of the city and all of baseball.

Well, I think we can all certainly agree on that part.

18 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Did you go to MIT, Cal Tech, Carnegie Mellon or a high Ivy?

Edited by caulfield12