8/6/20 vs. BrewCrew @ 7:10PMCT

ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

I wish Jason would actually display his own knowledge of baseball more. He's certainly very bright, but I don't think he wants to step on Stone's toes as the analyst sometimes

That makes so much sense

5 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

As opposed to what? I doubt many teams are ready to deal good vets right now 

But for what prices thats the key?

The Sox are going to get into the expanded playoffs more than likely even with the current mess of a rotation, esp since the Angels and Astros look like garbage and we play the Tigers and Royals a ton. 

I dont want to sacrifice key future pieces for 2020. Just get into the playoff, anything beyond that is gravy. 

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

But for what prices thats the key?

The Sox are going to get into the expanded playoffs more than likely even with the current mess of a rotation, esp since the Angels and Astros look like garbage and we play the Tigers and Royals a ton. 

I dont want to sacrifice key future pieces for 2020. Just get into the playoff, anything beyond that is gravy. 

Pirates trending to win somewhere around 9-13 games.   They're awful.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

This post wins the internet. 

Better than ICY HOT.

Miami tied with terrible BALT team 6-6, could be on the verge of 5-1. 

Nice job Leury getting rid of that ball pretty quickly instead of showboating around out there to make the play at 1st closer.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

jason..doesn't know a lot about baseball.

There are a few posters I’ve seen on this board over the years I think would beat Jason on any kind of baseball exam (either practical or theoretical... how ever you want to assess baseball knowledge). There’s a reason he covers football and basketball games as well though: he has a good voice and character (and the skills needed) for effective play by play. I think him and Stone make a good team and I wish more sports would look beyond former players for effective announcers 

I still miss farmer tho. My favorite announcer of all time