Sign in to follow this  
ChiSox59

8/6/20 vs. BrewCrew @ 7:10PMCT

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Canseco off the NOGGIN.

Funniest was Lenny Randle trying to blow a dribbler foul down the 3B line in the Kingdome.

That was worse than the Canseco domeshot. 

Just now, fathom said:

My god, why mention that to him!!!!

Just imagine if he was on the.....CUBS!!!   That would be like welcome to the apocalypse time.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

That was worse than the Canseco domeshot. 

Ruben Rivera for me

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Just imagine if he was on the.....CUBS!!!   That would be like welcome to the apocalypse time.

Their fans would despise him. 

Just now, fathom said:

Ruben Rivera for me

Luis Castillo dropping a pop up against the Yankees that lost the Mets the game is also up there.

Stop the presses, but just like years past, DH and RF are putting up dreadful numbers for the Sox. It shouldn’t be this hard to get production from the spot.

Their fans would despise him. 

For displacing Javy Baez?   Just kidding, El MAGICO might eventually be gone (via FA), but will never be forgotten by Cubs' fans.

Sosa is the only one still despised/ostracized.

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Luis Castillo dropping a pop up against the Yankees that lost the Mets the game is also up there.

Buckner in 1986...there's really no way to top that one, especially the circumstances.   Leon Bull Durham/SD.   There was a Cubs' outfielder who had a huge error at the end of one season, too.  Brant Brown?

Tony Graffanino against the White Sox in 2005 on a positive note in the ALDS.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Biggio dropping a pop out in the World Series was brutal too

Needless hyperbole that this was the worst play in MLB history just makes you look histrionic. It still can be both: A horrendous misplay and not the worst play ever

Edited by GermanSoxFan
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

f3d9cf92490eb2df875c0368fdfbb18b_large.g

I watched that one live. This was worse, just as a feat of athleticism(or lack thereof) 

I laughed longer at the Eloy one, that's just miscommunication while this one is all Eloy being an oaf. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Needless hyperbole that this was the worst play in MLB history just makes you look histrionic. It still can be both: A horrendous misplay and not the worst play ever

Whether it was or not is immaterial now.  The perception is going to be that his defense is such a liability (along with the likelihood of injuring himself, Moncada/TA/Robert) that something absolutely has to be done to address it.  No more ignoring it, or "he's getting better/he's improving/he's making strides" cliches on this topic.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Does Hiura always K this much? I feel like he's struck out 10 times in 3.5 games

He looks god awful, doesn’t he?  Swings and misses galore 

I watched that one live. This was worse, just as a feat of athleticism(or lack thereof) 

Dude, that was a popup in the infield in the 9th inning with a man on second that led to the lead being blown. Gordon Beckham tackled the guy who was calling for the ball lol. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Dude, that was a popup in the infield in the 9th inning with a man on second that led to the lead being blown. Gordon Beckham tackled the guy who was calling for the ball lol. 

I had such high hopes for Beckham :(

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm viewing this in terms of how bad the gaffe was, independent of game situation. 

Of course in terms of game situation that one was worse, as they went from winning to losing the game on that play.