Madrigal to the IL/Delmonico Optioned

ShoeLessRob

41 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Nick Madrigal’s first few games in the majors have shown exactly what we should have expected from him: A lot of weak contact and very few strikeouts. Madrigal is 5-for-17 for the White Sox as I write this, garnering four of those hits in one game against a weak array of Royals pitching, with all five hits going for singles. He’s struck out only twice for an 11.1 percent rate that would put him in the top 20 percent of all hitters if he qualified. This is pretty much what he is — a high-contact, no-power second baseman who’s a regular if he keeps his average high.

Keith Law.    theathletic.com

Fernando Tatis, JR first few games in the majors have shown exactly what we should have expected from him:  A young, over matched hitter who's minor league swing and miss issues will get worse in the majors.  As I write this Tatis Jr has a .200 batting average, .360 slugging percent, 9 strikeouts in 25 at bats and a single home run off of a AAAA Arizona pitcher.  This is pretty much what he is.  He'll hit for some power off of bad pitchers, play a decent shortstop but his low contract rate will doom him to being a mediocre player.

Charley Rushtojudgment  theidiot.com 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Nick Madrigal’s first few games in the majors have shown exactly what we should have expected from him: A lot of weak contact and very few strikeouts. Madrigal is 5-for-17 for the White Sox as I write this, garnering four of those hits in one game against a weak array of Royals pitching, with all five hits going for singles. He’s struck out only twice for an 11.1 percent rate that would put him in the top 20 percent of all hitters if he qualified. This is pretty much what he is — a high-contact, no-power second baseman who’s a regular if he keeps his average high.

Keith Law.    theathletic.com

Babe Ruth's first few games in the majors have shown exactly what we should have expected from him:  An interesting pitching prospect that really can't hit.  As I write this Ruth has been involved in 17 chances and yielded only 3 safeties.  His thunderous swing has created 7 dust storms and but a single free pass.  He'll always have trouble with the old uncle charlie.  Mr Ruth has shown proclivity to tossing the old horse hide and he needs to set aside the lumber to concentrate on throwing a hammer because he will never be able to hit it.   

Ridick Ulace Conclusion  theoldtimeidiot.com 

(note...baseball reference is amazing...game logs from 1914???  It is the greatest sport).  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, flavum said:

Vaughn putting on a show too. Carpool tomorrow?

If it was up to me I'd tell Vaughn to pick up an outfielder's glove and tell Mazara to pick up his bags.  Mazara isn't going to turn it around.  His swing is SLOWER than it's ever been, even last year in Texas.  Furthermore he seems to be diminished as an athlete.  If that's from COVID so be it, too bad so sad, this isn't a year to fuck around.

41 minutes ago, beautox said:

https://twitter.com/JRFegan/status/1298042605490536452

apparently Madrigal is going to pull a "Henry Rowengartner" and come back with elite power.

Madrigal did definitely beef up (before his IL stint already of course), his EV did improve quite a bit this year, his 87 EV is almost league average.

His top EV also went up albeit I don't really buy that 112 read (Perriello said there is some technical issues with the new statcast tech from hawkeye).

I still think madrigal could be a 15+ homer guy like longenhagen said pre draft.

37 minutes ago, Wanne said:

hahaaa...God that was awesome!  Was that off Crochet?

23 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

I don't know who that was, but if Stiever was hurt so bad that he had to switch to pitching lefty that's a bad sign.

Seems like whoever it was has a number in the 30's. Clayton Richard is listed with #33 on the site. If Madrigal is going to hit a HR off anyone, I totally would not be surprised if it came off him.

EDIT:

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sousa

This is correct. Forgot he was even in that group.

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS

Menduck played well enough. The main diff would be resting Moncada who should have won the game Sunday. We lost two key guys because it's so hard to slide. So Danny can slide into third and stay there for a few games.