Grateful

soxfan49

I know we disagree sometimes and occasionally things get heated, but I am so grateful for this message board. A group of people come together for 1 common cause and that's to see the Sox win. I an grateful for the admins and creators who keep this site up & free for us to use.

Once again, I know some of us dislike one another but I think deep down there's a ton of respect for each other, and I can't wait for another Sox championship in the future and to discuss it all the way until the final pitch with you all.

Cheers.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

All White Sox fans on this site should be grateful for the people who run this site. Freedom of speech is accepted here. That wasn't the case with WSI. To the best of my knowledge WSI is out of business, The moron who ran that site chased away most White Sox fans. At times it gets heated on this site but the fact remains  all opinions are accepted here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

All White Sox fans on this site should be grateful for the people who run this site. Freedom of speech is accepted here. That wasn't the case with WSI. To the best of my knowledge WSI is out of business, The moron who ran that site chased away most White Sox fans. At times it gets heated on this site but the fact remains  all opinions are accepted here.

I totally forgot about that site. I actually joined this site after the world series (and then ghosted that account) because I couldn't believe what that site was EVEN during the 2005 winning. 

Edited by EloyJenkins

Yep, it is awesome that we are able to come here and just be Sox fans. I only found this site because the chisox.com boards were closed, but this place is much better. We have to remember that when you have high expectations, loses become frustrating. This odd season is great for our Sox because they can go through all of those angering lessons and still make the playoffs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WBWSF said:

WSI stated that it was going reformat its home page and then never did. No one has posted on its board since May. There was a lot of weird stuff going on behind the scenes at that site for years.

One time I started a thread and the guy running things got real nervous and said he would monitor the thread. What controversial subject did I bring up? I stated the Sox were not doing a good job getting men home from third with less than two out.

I know the guy who originally started WSI. It was decent site at one time and had some potential. But it went through multiple changes and things worsened. Glad I have somewhere else to go.

Just now, tray said:

Does  anyone know where I could buy one of those Black White Sox scarfets that Abreu wears to protect from Covid?

I am tired of the light blue disposable paper masks that make you look like a hospital worker.

Edited by tray

4 hours ago, tray said:

Does  anyone know where I could but one of those Bback White Sox scarfets that Abreu wears?

I am tired of the light blue disposable paper masks that make you look like a hospital worker.

https://www.mlbshop.com/chicago-white-sox/adult-chicago-white-sox-foco-on-field-authentic-collection-gaiter/t-14334212+p-718867157408+z-8-1994916782?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r1c1:po-4

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 10:57 AM, NWINFan said:

WSI stated that it was going reformat its home page and then never did. No one has posted on its board since May. There was a lot of weird stuff going on behind the scenes at that site for years.

One time I started a thread and the guy running things got real nervous and said he would monitor the thread. What controversial subject did I bring up? I stated the Sox were not doing a good job getting men home from third with less than two out.

I know the guy who originally started WSI. It was decent site at one time and had some potential. But it went through multiple changes and things worsened. Glad I have somewhere else to go.

Yes, George is a great guy. I had a conversation after I was banned from WSI. He had nothing to do operating the site by that point.

Many good posters there back in the day, but was very nazi like in terms of administration and conversations allowed or disallowed. Had a few thousand posts there under my user name here. The Sox pretty much sucked since, though I still followed the team. 

Faced a few ad hominem attacks here in my limited time, but for the most part the threads and conversations are civil and worthwhile Have to laugh at the in game posts and over-reactions, consistent with Rod Serling's "People Are Alike All Over" Twilight Zone episode.

Looking forward to Ricky Renteria hoisting the World Series trophy within the next five years, hopefully Reinsdorf won't pull the plug on 2022 (CBA) and beyond to prevent it as he did in the 1990s.

Let's Go Go Go White Sox, we're with you all the way.

Edited by South Side Hit Men