So who's the next manager?

chitownsportsfan

23 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Steve Stone has dry wit. He is funny without trying too hard. I wouldn’t trade him for any color guy in the league besides the Mets duo of Herandez and Darling.

Really - AJ is the Twins broadcaster?  I'm super bummed that a team other than the White Sox got him.  

25 minutes ago, Quin said:

I cannot find a single thing about him being the Twins broadcaster.

Caulfield is like super well informed, knows a lot on a lot of subjects but thoughts seem scattered and it shows in his posts when he references stuff half the board has no idea what he's  talking about and it comes across as scatterbrained or at the least just showing off his knowledge. He cant help but throw out tons of names in most posts and yet all this knowledge and he still posts mixing in grand conjecture with facts fabricating and mixing truth with fiction.

Seems like a good guy . If he could just post on Sox stuff and not mix in politics and focus his thoughts he'd be an awesome poster. BUt as some like to say " Caulfield gonna Caulfield" . Who knows if he is actually right about AJ  broadcasting for the Twins even part time.

• Haha 4
  • Love 2

36 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Caulfield is like super well informed, knows a lot on a lot of subjects but thoughts seem scattered and it shows in his posts when he references stuff half the board has no idea what he's  talking about and it comes across as scatterbrained or at the least just showing off his knowledge. He cant help but throw out tons of names in most posts and yet all this knowledge and he still posts mixing in grand conjecture with facts fabricating and mixing truth with fiction.

Seems like a good guy . If he could just post on Sox stuff and not mix in politics and focus his thoughts he'd be an awesome poster. BUt as some like to say " Caulfield gonna Caulfield" . Who knows if he is actually right about AJ  broadcasting for the Twins even part time.

The acclaimed duo of play-by-play announcer Joe Davis and World Series champion A.J. Pierzynski cover all the action from the San Francisco Giants contest with the Los Angeles Dodgers, immediately prior at 4:00 PM ET.

I could have sworn he was on a Twins’ broadcast this year, either radio or tv, but sometimes they have the ESPN or Fox National feeds instead of the local broadcasters on MLB.TV and then I switch to Gameday Audio to at least listen if the feed goes bad or sticks.  As  it stands, he already has that Fox gig as well as paid baseball ambassador with the White Sox (many former Sox players listed.)   It’s also quite possible the White Sox were playing the Twins the same day I was channel surfing through all the feeds looking at different games. 

Maybe part of the problem is always playing devil’s advocate to get my HS students to think critically, so I end up taking minority positions quite frequently, then ask them to make the opposite argument which is much more difficult for “obedient” Chinese students who are almost programmed not to break uniformity, some would call it conformity, I guess.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The acclaimed duo of play-by-play announcer Joe Davis and World Series champion A.J. Pierzynski cover all the action from the San Francisco Giants contest with the Los Angeles Dodgers, immediately prior at 4:00 PM ET.

I could have sworn he was on a Twins’ broadcast this year, either radio or tv, but sometimes they have the ESPN or Fox National feeds instead of the local broadcasters on MLB.TV and then I switch to Gameday Audio to at least listen if the feed goes bad or sticks.  As  it stands, he already has that Fox gig as well as paid baseball ambassador with the White Sox (many former Sox players listed.)   It’s also quite possible the White Sox were playing the Twins the same day I was channel surfing through all the feeds looking at different games. 

I honestly thought he had ill feelings towards the Twins organization - so I was surprised at the mention. National stuff he could have been involved in or maybe a one day thing, but I think the whole story about the AJ picture behind home plate at the Cell / Guarantee Rate field was that AJ mentioned he was literally staring right at the twins (which shows you where his allegiance is).  

1 minute ago, Chisoxfn said:

I honestly thought he had ill feelings towards the Twins organization - so I was surprised at the mention. National stuff he could have been involved in or maybe a one day thing, but I think the whole story about the AJ picture behind home plate at the Cell / Guarantee Rate field was that AJ mentioned he was literally staring right at the twins (which shows you where his allegiance is).  

He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who would actually enjoy being locked into 162+games of any one team, to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, tray said:

Maybe  revisit the Renteria issue after the Detroit, Cards, and first  Cubs series.

And yes, I do think Yermin would be good for the clubhouse. These guys look depressed to me.

The only problem is the Carlos Sanchez one.   Be it team joker or prankster or Gatorade dumper, you have to be one of the better players on the team to take on a leadership role...and Yermin will always be one of those AAAA guys who gets an occasional cup of coffee but never afforded a real opportunity to play nearly everyday, and part of it’s simply discrimination against his body frame/physical appearance.

On 8/10/2020 at 9:40 AM, southsider2k5 said:

AJ would be a disaster in a coaching role of any kind.  His future is in a booth somewhere.  He does that really well.  I am just saying that I could pair him with Jason and see what happens.

AJ's own teammates didn't even like him. People don't realize that was a real thing. Jon Garland was on a broadcast last year talking about how he didn't like AJ.

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The only problem is the Carlos Sanchez one.   Be it team joker or prankster or Gatorade dumper, you have to be one of the better players on the team to take on a leadership role...and Yermin will always be one of those AAAA guys who gets an occasional cup of coffee but never afforded a real opportunity to play nearly everyday, and part of it’s simply discrimination against his body frame/physical appearance.

Here u go again. There is no discrimination against his body. He just isnt a good fielder .Sox already have so many DH/C/1B types that even the LH Collins only gets minimal ABs.

Yermin is not a prankster like Carlos Sanchez. I think he would fit in well with the team.

Fielding a position is always an issue and that makes me worry about Vaughn.

IMO he looked pretty shaky at third (especially footwork)  and first base, and unlike Collins and Mercedes, he can't catch.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:21 PM, GermanSoxFan said:

Steve Stone has dry wit. He is funny without trying too hard. I wouldn’t trade him for any color guy in the league besides the Mets duo of Herandez and Darling.

The other day during a broadcast Jason said something about how Steve's favorite song was "Regulate" and I don't know if that was true but it made me bust out laughing to picture it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lostfan said:

The other day during a broadcast Jason said something about how Steve's favorite song was "Regulate" and I don't know if that was true but it made me bust out laughing to picture it.

I don't know if it funnier towards Stone or that Jason is about as big of a nerd as there is who is making the joke.

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't know if it funnier towards Stone or that Jason is about as big of a nerd as there is who is making the joke.

I was just thinking about Stone's old white ass bobbing his head to it and it made me think of my dad, and I was like "well, I guess it's possible"

• Like 1