8.7.20 GT | Clevelanders @ White Sox | 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

• Quin pinned this topic
13 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yup, really hope EE and Mazara are good for tomorrow because the lineup is starting to look pretty weak overall

Here’s a meatball take by me, but it’s frustrating Mazara isn’t ready to go tonight.  You have a lot of teammates injured and were acquired for specific games like tonight against righties with good breaking pitches.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Here’s a meatball take by me, but it’s frustrating Mazara isn’t ready to go tonight.  You have a lot of teammates injured and were acquired for specific games like tonight against righties with good breaking pitches.

Do Hahn and Renteria get a “free pass” this year if they come up short in playoff hunt, especially with Kopech situation out of of their control? 

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if he wanted to play, but Ricky insisted on a rest day

J

4 minutes ago, Orlando said:

How do you sit Grandal with so many starters out? It’s a 60 game season. He eats more bench than anyone. 

What do you want to bet we’ll hear something about two 1:10 starts the next two days?  CLE weather forecast not unusually hot weather for this time of year. 

Sat 08

80°/67°

Sunny

10%

N 8 mph

Sun 09

85°/74°

Mostly Sunny

10%

SW 8 mph

This is gross. Worse than the Delmonico crap. 4 guys out with injury, going against a division rival and struggling to score. You sit the biggest contract in White Sox history. Not for his first day off in a while but for 3rd or 4th time! IN A 60 GAME SEASON.

Just now, Orlando said:

This is gross. Worse than the Delmonico crap. 4 guys out with injury, going against a division rival and struggling to score. You sit the biggest contract in White Sox history. Not for his first day off in a while but for 3rd or 4th time! IN A 60 GAME SEASON.

It’s simple, we have a manager that doesn’t, and has never had to, show a sense of urgency.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Thanks. I missed it.

One ball was more on the top of the foot (slider or curve), last night the same foot...looked liked a bit more of the in-step, fwiw.

Par for the course, this year.  Will definitely speed up his bat for the remaining weekend match-ups.

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I hate to say this but I don’t think Grandal will last long, this just seems odd. He’s constantly DHing or sitting. He can’t be happy. 

McCann is gone next year as is Encarnacion. Grandal won’t be unhappy for long, if he is.