8.7.20 GT | Clevelanders @ White Sox | 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s simple, we have a manager that doesn’t, and has never had to, show a sense of urgency.

Why do the freakin’ Padres care more about winning?   They consistently bring up players, whenever deemed ready,  regardless of service time considerations.  Change managers.  Make wholesale changes to roster in order to improve defense (Grisham/Profar/Trammell instead of Reyes/Renfroe/Kinsler/Dozier).  Constantly bringing up pitchers from minors to challenge existing starters and change bullpen mix, etc.

Mackenzie Gore not up yet might be only question fans have...

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Unless Grandal asked for a day off or is "sick" this is inexcusable. It doesn't take much to DH for gods sake 

This has pretty much been the same story ever since Renteria took the reigns, why should we suddenly expect a leopard to change its spots now?

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I really don’t get benching Grandal tonight.  This is basically a Sunday lineup to kick off a series against a tough divisional opponent and coming off two ugly losses.  I’m sorry, but Renteria is a truly awful tactical manager.

Especially coming off two consecutive losses and on the road...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Why do the freakin’ Padres care more about winning?   They consistently bring up players, whenever deemed ready,  regardless of service time considerations.  Change managers.  Make wholesale changes to roster in order to improve defense (Grisham/Profar/Trammell instead of Reyes/Renfroe/Kinsler/Dozier).  Constantly bringing up pitchers from minors to challenge existing starters and change bullpen mix, etc.

Mackenzie Gore not up yet might be only question fans have...

Because their GM knows he doesn’t have eternal job security

12 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

That doesn’t make sense. None of it does, really. Following this logic...

Bench Grandal for forgetting how many outs there were while on second and almost getting thrown out....

Reward Eloy by hitting him cleanup and starting him again in left after botching arguably the most laugh worthy inside the park home run in mlb history.

Yea, that’s not a disconnect in reason at all!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really don’t get benching Grandal tonight.  This is basically a Sunday lineup to kick off a series against a tough divisional opponent and coming off two ugly losses.  I’m sorry, but Renteria is a truly awful tactical manager.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Agree, But does RR make all lineup decisions without input from the front office?  I would think Hahn must meet daily with manager+ coaches on prior game and player status. 

31 minutes ago, hi8is said:

That doesn’t make sense. None of it does, really. Following this logic...

Bench Grandal for forgetting how many outs there were while on second and almost getting thrown out....

Reward Eloy by hitting him cleanup and starting him again in left after botching arguably the most laugh worthy inside the park home run in mlb history.

Yea, that’s not a disconnect in reason at all!

Not that I dont disagree with Grandal sitting but comparing a physical limitation/error to a mental isn't fair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Sox fans are the greatest.  Everyone just assumed it was because of RR, then the truth comes out. 

Again, I think even though it a short season, the fact that no one had a normal spring training, or preparation for the season, you might actually need to rest guys more than usual versus less than normal.  Even past that, we are just going to see a ton of injuries.

“It's probably the luckiest home run baseball history. It was definitely top three,” Yelich said. “I needed that one. It's been an absolute zoo. I've been awful all year, so to have some positivity and be able to smile about something was nice. Much needed.”

“Was it a tough play for him? Yes. Could it have been made? Should it have been made? It’s possible,” Renteria said. “But he did everything he could to kind of corral it. That’s probably not the story of the game. The story of the game is we were probably shut down a little bit on the offensive side, which didn’t give us a whole lot moving forward.”