8.7.20 GT | Clevelanders @ White Sox | 7:10PM CT

Tnetennba

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really don’t get benching Grandal tonight.  This is basically a Sunday lineup to kick off a series against a tough divisional opponent and coming off two ugly losses.  I’m sorry, but Renteria is a truly awful tactical manager.

Don't you mean "Renteria is truly an awful strategic manager" when you question his lineup against a tough divisional opponent and coming off two ugly losses?

Being a truly awful tactical manager would be Renteria failing to have anyone up in the BP while Gio has to face the opposing lineup a 3rd time. Or Renteria bunting, like ever within an individual game. Or Renteria never, ever putting runners in motion, despite having a few speedy options in the roster.

Now that I think about it, Renteria IS a truly awful tactical manager. But I also think he's a truly awful strategic manager. Also, where is the bench coach to save Renteria from Renteria's stupidity?

As I've been saying for years, they just need to fire everyone in the coaching staff, because they all suck out loud at their jobs. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Sox fans are the greatest.  Everyone just assumed it was because of RR, then the truth comes out. 

Again, I think even though it a short season, the fact that no one had a normal spring training, or preparation for the season, you might actually need to rest guys more than usual versus less than normal.  Even past that, we are just going to see a ton of injuries.

There are always going to be behind the scenes reasons why thing like this occur. They dont even always become public like this.

4 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Don't you mean "Renteria is truly an awful strategic manager" when you question his lineup against a tough divisional opponent and coming off two ugly losses?

Being a truly awful tactical manager would be Renteria failing to have anyone up in the BP while Gio has to face the opposing lineup a 3rd time. Or Renteria bunting, like ever within an individual game. Or Renteria never, ever putting runners in motion, despite having a few speedy options in the roster.

Now that I think about it, Renteria IS a truly awful tactical manager. But I also think he's a truly awful strategic manager. Also, where is the bench coach to save Renteria from Renteria's stupidity?

As I've been saying for years, they just need to fire everyone in the coaching staff, because they all suck out loud at their jobs. 

Super Joe McEwing.

Bring back Joe Nossek at age 79.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

J

What do you want to bet we’ll hear something about two 1:10 starts the next two days?  CLE weather forecast not unusually hot weather for this time of year. 

Sat 08

80°/67°

Sunny

10%

N 8 mph

Sun 09

85°/74°

Mostly Sunny

10%

SW 8 mph

We are home

22 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Lol...yes I agree, he’s both an awful tactical & strategic manager.  He may very well be great in the clubhouse, which has value, but damn he does some dumb fucking stuff.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...yes I agree, he’s both an awful tactical & strategic manager.  He may very well be great in the clubhouse, which has value, but damn he does some dumb fucking stuff.

Too bad we can’t relocate him to Nashville...are they still the Sounds?  And have you run into Johnny Danks out and about town? 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Too bad we can’t relocate him to Nashville...are they still the Sounds?  And have you run into Johnny Danks out and about town? 

We don’t want him in Nashville 😉, but yes they are still the Sounds.  That being said, really hope we land an expansion franchise here so there is some hope of the Sox coming to town at some point.

57 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

“It's probably the luckiest home run baseball history. It was definitely top three,” Yelich said. “I needed that one. It's been an absolute zoo. I've been awful all year, so to have some positivity and be able to smile about something was nice. Much needed.”

Was it a tough play for him? Yes. Could it have been made? Should it have been made? It’s possible,” Renteria said. “But he did everything he could to kind of corral it. That’s probably not the story of the game. The story of the game is we were probably shut down a little bit on the offensive side, which didn’t give us a whole lot moving forward.”

Just when I think I couldn't possibly dislike the man more he opens his mouth and says this.  You gotta be bleepin' me!  

How about "I've spoken to Eloy about the play and there are some things we discussed that we'll do better on going forward, as a team, and with Eloy".  That's it, it's that simple.  You don't even have to throw him under the bus but FFS what a milquetoast thing to say about what for many of us is probably the worst play we've ever seen a MLB LF make.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Not that I dont disagree with Grandal sitting but comparing a physical limitation/error to a mental isn't fair.

Seemed to me Eloy made a mental error as well... looked like he thought the ball wasn’t fair and took his sweet time getting back into the field and after the ball.

45 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Seemed to me Eloy made a mental error as well... looked like he thought the ball wasn’t fair and took his sweet time getting back into the field and after the ball.

Also if you look closely on the replay you can watch him feeling for the wall when he is BARELY touching the track and moving right. He has NO idea where he is. Could be scared and flinching due to running into the wall on that homer a week or so ago.

First home start for Dylan Cease this season.

Simply, don't let 2-5 beat you.   Of course, you could say this about the majority of MLB line-ups, other than DET and PIT.

Crazy, the Marlins are heading in the direction of being 7-1.   That's got to be one of the most compelling storylines of the early season.

Nice change-up there to Lindor at 2-1.   Best pitch so far tonight.

Tailor-made double play ball.   Inning over.   Cease has the perfect differential between FB and offspeed stuff tonight, about 15 mph.  Anything over 10-12 is optimal.

Seems like every season Collins starts off on a rough patch, lol.   Or he just isn't that good.  Not getting consistent at-bats is not an easy make to make a living as a big league bench player.

Edited by caulfield12