Sox playoff chances sit at 100%, 3rd in AL for WS odds

southsider2k5

On 8/19/2020 at 8:34 AM, southsider2k5 said:

FG at 85.4%, BR at 76.5%

it's funny to me people's different personalities. Some are probably tracking this and it making them excited or relieved.

For me it just makes me nervous for how much worse it will feel if they don't make it lol.

Yankees, Rays, astros, As, twins should be a lock, that leaves still 3 spots.

I think the Indians will make it too as their pitching can't stay this hot but their offense also cant stay that bad especially if they make an addition but that still leaves two. 

Honestly who should be those two beating the sox?

A lot can happen but the Os still suck despite their record. And the blue Jays just don't have good pitching and now Pearson is hurt, bichette is hurt and vlad still has swing issues that he likely won't figure out. And red sox just have historically bad pitching and royals and tigers are pure tank teams.

In the west the Mariners suck too.

That leaves angels and rangers as contenders and the sox should be able to beat out at least one of them.

I think the sox have a very good chance if they don't lose everyone to injury.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Blue Jays have a very easy schedule coming up, so I think they will get to 30 wins.  Angels have no prayer IMO.

I wouldn't call their schedule very easy. They have a lot of games against the Rays and Yankees left. Boston will start winning a few more games as will the Mets and Phillies. 

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I wouldn't call their schedule very easy. They have a lot of games against the Rays and Yankees left. Boston will start winning a few more games as will the Mets and Phillies. 

Boston is going to trade away any useful pitching they have though.  I think a big thing we need is Astros to dominate the Rangers.  They have ten games left I believe.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

it's funny to me people's different personalities. Some are probably tracking this and it making them excited or relieved.

For me it just makes me nervous for how much worse it will feel if they don't make it lol.

I love it.  I love the excitement, energy and hope around this season.

I was speaking to a Twins fan today and looking the rest of the way I see the Sox winning at least 19 more games and that is with forecasting dropping or splitting series with the cubs, Twins, and Indians the rest of the way. Favorable schedule ahead. Taking advantage of it and we finish at 34-26 pretty easily in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Dominikk85 said:

Yankees, Rays, astros, As, twins should be a lock, that leaves still 3 spots.

I think the Indians will make it too as their pitching can't stay this hot but their offense also cant stay that bad especially if they make an addition but that still leaves two. 

Honestly who should be those two beating the sox?

A lot can happen but the Os still suck despite their record. And the blue Jays just don't have good pitching and now Pearson is hurt, bichette is hurt and vlad still has swing issues that he likely won't figure out. And red sox just have historically bad pitching and royals and tigers are pure tank teams.

In the west the Mariners suck too.

That leaves angels and rangers as contenders and the sox should be able to beat out at least one of them.

I think the sox have a very good chance if they don't lose everyone to injury.

We're already 7 games ahead of the Angels and 4 games ahead of Texas so if it does come down to those too, we already have built some wiggle room (We are also 1.5 games ahead of Toronto, who is in the second WC spot right now)

Blue Jays coming out of the gate hot tonight against TB...

Pirates on current pace for 11.5 - 48.5 record.  Threatening 1962, 2003 Tigers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_worst_Major_League_Baseball_season_records

Both those teams won at around a 25% clip, 40ish games....putting them roughly at 15-45 in 60 games.

White Sox 7th in AL Run Differential at +19, Toronto 8th at +1.  NL, Dodgers +66 and no other team even over +15.

Edited by caulfield12