Sox playoff chances sit at 100%, 3rd in AL for WS odds

southsider2k5

51 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Good to see the Indians pitching regressing.

Didn't regress much despite the score. Civale wasn't great but gave up 4 in 6. They had one reliever blow up pretty much. 

I'll say this, the most important part about this year for me is the Sox showing an ability to close something out. The season may not be normal but the race is going to feel every bit as intense and they play some good teams. They're in the playoffs almost automatically, but go out there and play high level winning baseball to close the year out and show you're here for real. Ready to play and knock off the best. A less than .500ish finsh the rest of the way would get them in, but feel unfulfilling for me. 

2 hours ago, flavum said:

I’ll go Indians 2-1, so their season series ends 5-5. Not sure that does anything good for the Sox, but that’s my story, and I’m sticking to it.

I'd be fine with this. If (big if) we sweep Detroit, we'd then be 2.5 games up on Cleveland and 3 games up on the Twins going into that 4 game series against them. At that point, you just try to split that series and keep that nice lead 

12 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The Indians and Twins start a series tomorrow. Who are we rooting for?

I think you want Cleveland to win 2/3. The White Sox are up two games in the loss column on both. If the Sox can sweep this weekend, then they'd be 4 up in the loss column on Minnesota and 3 up on Cleveland 

• Thanks 1