Sox playoff chances sit at 100%, 3rd in AL for WS odds

southsider2k5

23 hours ago, hi8is said:

That would suck to miss out on the division title by a game.

Cleveland lost 3 in a row to KC. I'm not ready to crown them yet. Also, what do you all think the higher seeds should get to replace the lost HFA in the divisional series and ALCS? I was thinking a good home field advantage replacement could be the scheduled home teams wins a tie game after 10 innings. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Do we know the dates of the first playoff series yet? Will some start on September 29 and others on September 30? Will there be any off days for that first three game series?

Pretty sure I heard AL on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday; NL on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

Tried to find confirmation but there’s nothing out there that’s definite. I’m sure the rough schedule/bubble information will be finalized early next week.

Edited by flavum
  • Thanks 1

Hope the union rejects the bubble. Unlike other sports, baseball fields are not standard.

Since they are letting any team with a pulse into the playoffs, make the season worth SOMETHING by no travel, home field for each of the three League rounds, than standard 2-3-2 for World Series. 

7 hours ago, flavum said:

NY at Oak; Tor at Min

Cle at TB; Hou at Sox 

Sox magic number is 8 over Orioles and Tigers.

(Technically it’s 9 over Baltimore, but they’ll never catch the Sox division record)

Would love to get the Astros in the first round. It would be great to be a part of dealing the final blow to that organization’s current competitive window as it comes to a close.