Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

Sox playoff chances sit at 100%, 3rd in AL for WS odds

12 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The Indians and Twins start a series tomorrow. Who are we rooting for?

I think you want Cleveland to win 2/3. The White Sox are up two games in the loss column on both. If the Sox can sweep this weekend, then they'd be 4 up in the loss column on Minnesota and 3 up on Cleveland 

• Thanks 1

Cleveland has seven games left against the Tigers and the Pirates. I'm rooting for Minnesota to take at least two.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I think you want Cleveland to win 2/3. The White Sox are up two games in the loss column on both. If the Sox can sweep this weekend, then they'd be 4 up in the loss column on Minnesota and 3 up on Cleveland 

KC won 5 games against Cleveland and Minnesota, thanks. 

17 minutes ago, skooch said:

Cleveland has seven games left against the Tigers and the Pirates. I'm rooting for Minnesota to take at least two.

tigers against non-white sox teams: 19-16. (granted 2-4 vs. CLE)

I think it makes sense to want the twins to be pushed far behind and make it a two team race. 

Do we know the dates of the first playoff series yet? Will some start on September 29 and others on September 30? Will there be any off days for that first three game series?

Edited by SoxBlanco

23 hours ago, hi8is said:

That would suck to miss out on the division title by a game.

Cleveland lost 3 in a row to KC. I'm not ready to crown them yet. Also, what do you all think the higher seeds should get to replace the lost HFA in the divisional series and ALCS? I was thinking a good home field advantage replacement could be the scheduled home teams wins a tie game after 10 innings. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, skooch said:

Cleveland again just lost 3 to the Royals in a row. I would rather them face the Tigers than the Brewers and Cardinals at this point. 

5 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

The cubs play Minnesota, Cleveland and the White Sox.  They will have as much a role as any in the division championship.

That means I'll have to root for the Cubs for a few games.  Gonna need some more beer.

Just now, hogan873 said:

That means I'll have to root for the Cubs for a few games.  Gonna need some more beer.

Exactly. But it is what it is, the Cubs are winning that sorry division anyway. 

9 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

Do we know the dates of the first playoff series yet? Will some start on September 29 and others on September 30? Will there be any off days for that first three game series?

Pretty sure I heard AL on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday; NL on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.

Tried to find confirmation but there’s nothing out there that’s definite. I’m sure the rough schedule/bubble information will be finalized early next week.

Edited by flavum
  • Thanks 1

NY at Oak; Tor at Min

Cle at TB; Hou at Sox 

Sox magic number is 8 over Orioles and Tigers.

(Technically it’s 9 over Baltimore, but they’ll never catch the Sox division record)

Edited by flavum
  • Like 2

Hope the union rejects the bubble. Unlike other sports, baseball fields are not standard.

Since they are letting any team with a pulse into the playoffs, make the season worth SOMETHING by no travel, home field for each of the three League rounds, than standard 2-3-2 for World Series. 

Ladies and gentlemen...we've hit a 100% chance of making the playoffs. 

7 hours ago, flavum said:

NY at Oak; Tor at Min

Cle at TB; Hou at Sox 

Sox magic number is 8 over Orioles and Tigers.

(Technically it’s 9 over Baltimore, but they’ll never catch the Sox division record)

Would love to get the Astros in the first round. It would be great to be a part of dealing the final blow to that organization’s current competitive window as it comes to a close.

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I share this man's enthusiasm 💪🏾. The Sox have a chance this year. Damn it feels good to be finally be able to say that again!

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

Houston being 22-24 and being the 6th seed is a joke

They may be 23-23. Just tied it in the 9th off Jansen.

Regardless, here's what's up:

1. TB 30-16
  2. Oak 29-16 (23-10 div rec)
  3. Sox 29-16 (21-10 div rec)
  4. MIn 29-18
  5. Tor 25-20
  6. Hou 23-23
  7. Cle 26-20
  8. NY 25-21
Edited by flavum
  • Like 1