Sox playoff chances sit at 100%, 3rd in AL for WS odds

southsider2k5

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

We don't know that he won't take the next step and it is WAY to early to come to that conclusion.  Again, we have proof that pitchers can figure this out after an extended time of failure at the major league level.  Like it or not, kids failing at the major league level is a part of the rebuild process.

Like I said for the 3rd time. We will see. I'm not skeptical and pretty down on him. 

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Your not skeptical, but have posted twice that it is looking like he won't "take that next step".  I think you are trying to have it both ways here.

I've never made a definitive statement anywhere in my convo to you just not. You can be down on the guy and still see what's going to happen. What choice do we have? He's gonna pitch for better or for worse. 

9 hours ago, Baron said:

Did I say to quit on him? Another strawman. I said "The problem is it's looking like he may not take that next step". He's going to get another month and probably a playoff start. I can't wait. 

The point is that Giolito looked like “he may not take that next step” in 2018.

• Like 1

2021 will be interesting with how they stack up against good teams beyond Minnesota and Cleveland, and how the young core handles the grind of a long season. Will need much better depth to withstand injuries and give the players adequate rest to allow postseason success in 2021 and beyond.

• Tigers 6-1
  • Royals 6-1
  • Pittsburgh 2-0
  • Chicago 2-1
  • Milwaukee 2-2
  • Saint Louis 1-2
  • Cleveland 2-4
  • Minnesota 2-4

Maximum Games Played / Innings Pitched

• Jimenez (127 / 2019)
  • Robert (122 / 2019)
  • Madrigal (120 / 2019)
  • Vaughn (55 / 2019)

• Dunning (144 / 2017)
  • Cease (124 / 2018)
  • Rodon (120 (in 2018) since 2016)

• Foster (64 / 2019)
  • Heuer (67 / 2019)
  • Burdi (38 / 2016)

• Thanks 2

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

things I absolutely hate on twitter: using user handles or hash tags rather than just using their names and including a link at the end. I though the dodgers knocked sox out of top five because I wasn’t doing the correct mapping-to-a-marketing-brand. 

Still not as bad as “wow you wouldn’t believe the homer by @hatmanxtc98878 last night!”

13 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

2021 will be interesting with how they stack up against good teams beyond Minnesota and Cleveland, and how the young core handles the grind of a long season. Will need much better depth to withstand injuries and give the players adequate rest to allow postseason success in 2021 and beyond.

• Tigers 6-1
  • Royals 6-1
  • Pittsburgh 2-0
  • Chicago 2-1
  • Milwaukee 2-2
  • Saint Louis 1-2
  • Cleveland 2-4
  • Minnesota 2-4

Maximum Games Played / Innings Pitched

• Jimenez (127 / 2019)
  • Robert (122 / 2019)
  • Madrigal (120 / 2019)
  • Vaughn (55 / 2019)

• Dunning (144 / 2017)
  • Cease (124 / 2018)
  • Rodon (120 (in 2018) since 2016)

• Foster (64 / 2019)
  • Heuer (67 / 2019)
  • Burdi (38 / 2016)

We have to be honest with ourselves (FO). If this were a 162 game season, we'd probably win 88 or 89 games. We need to build depth in addition to improving the starting roster. I believe by improving the starting pitching, we can improve our bullpen, i.e Rodon, Lopez. We need one of those super subs to compliment Garcia and Engel. We also need a Hader, Miller, Chapman type in our bullpen. It could be Burdi, but we shall see. 

Edited by SonofaRoache
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

It’s pretty much a given that the Sox will get into the playoffs now, barring a historic collapse. So which team would you want the Sox to face the most in the 1st round if you had your pick?

I want the Sox to be the 2-seed and beat the Twins first.

3 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

It’s pretty much a given that the Sox will get into the playoffs now, barring a historic collapse. So which team would you want the Sox to face the most in the 1st round if you had your pick?

The Tigers 😃

But seriously, I think I'd take the Blue Jays first 

5 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Probably toronto.  Just not as impressed with them.  After them, ny.  Id toss out cease against cole and lose the first game and then take our chances with their three lefty starters against giolito, keuchel, and dunning.  

9 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I want a Sox division title.  Don't really care who they face but I'd prefer not to face Cleveland's pitching round 1.