Bummer leaves with injury

southsider2k5

12 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I didnt see it but if it's a bicep issue near the elbow, not too big of a deal. If it's at the shoulder end, its potentially an issue. 

Most speculation of those watching, including Stone - was that it was the elbow. That was before information about his bicep was released... based just on visual observation.

14 minutes ago, ptatc said:

I didnt see it but if it's a bicep issue near the elbow, not too big of a deal. If it's at the shoulder end, its potentially an issue. 

It looked like he was grabbing his elbow. Thanks for this. I feel better. Now if you’ll excuse me I need to turn my engine off and open the garage door. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, ptatc said:

You seem like a nice guy, but I really hate how often you have had to be posting so far this season 😛

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, gusguyman said:

You seem like a nice guy, but I really hate how often you have had to be posting so far this season 😛

Not a fan of posting for these reasons either. I prefer to be betting yelled at for saying the owners have valid concerns or keuchal is the best FA option for the Sox. 😁

• Haha 1

Bummer got hurt IMO on that fielding play and throw he one hopped to 1B that Abreu couldn't handle.   The next pitch he threw after that was his last one. 

I always cringe when pitchers have to make plays/throws along the 3B line.   Or anytime off the mound.  It's a different stress type of throw which can easily injure you since you're not usually throwing after running, stopping, and then planting.  

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

They need arms period right now. He is the most ML ready. 

I can guarantee to you that if anything, Dunning is being stretched out in Schaumburg to start in case either of Lopez or Rodon cannot make it back on the next turn.   Dunning is coming back from TJ, the bullpen is not a good idea for him at this time because of the daily availability that's required from relievers.   If he starts, the Sox can control when he pitches and he can work off a set schedule to be able to try to stay healthy.

I know I made a post in the preseason that there will probably be a ton of injuries this season. I'm not the only one. Should they have held two more weeks of summer, spring training? This is crazy. Sox pitching can't afford many more injuries or they are going to have to acquire some independent league hacks.