AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

You are never going to convince me that all these injuries are not related to the short spring training.

Not necessarily because it is true, but because, for my sanity, I need something or someone to blame, and that seems to be one of the few jobs Rob Manfred is qualified for.

Great for the Sox to get the win and redeem the night though!

• Like 1

Probably ends up 10 day IL for Bummer. Hoping it's not worse. Too many guys already nursing nagging injuries and on the IL.

Looks like those pining for Heuer in a bigger role get their wish soon. Foster might move up too.

Detwiler probably starting tomorrow unless we get a unexpected Dunning arrival.

Engel and Mendick is like 4th line scoring in hockey. Just huge when the big boys can't get it done or are MIA.

Edit: cramp in biceps maybe IL not likely. Good news.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
injury update

10 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Probably ends up 10 day IL for Bummer. Hoping it's not worse. Too many guys already nursing nagging injuries and on the IL.

Looks like those pining for Heuer in a bigger role get their wish soon. Foster might move up too.

Detwiler probably starting tomorrow unless we get a unexpected Dunning arrival.

Engel and Mendick is like 4th line scoring in hockey. Just huge when the big boys can't get it done or are MIA.

Edit: cramp in biceps maybe IL not likely. Good news.

They already said they weren't going to Dunning, Hahn said it earlier this week, yes?

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Mendick and Leury are doing a great job up the middle.

Not sure what the game thread was saying about this but I'm honestly not convinced there's a big drop-off from Madrigal to Mendick. Danny is a good defender too, and I'm not sure a rookie Madrigal is significantly better at the plate

• Like 1

Sox winning despite injuries, not hitting and highly questionable managing.

There was no reason at all for Robert not to be running with Moncada then Abreu up with 1st and 3rd and no outs.

When a team is struggling at the plate, it's a good idea to put guys in motion ,especially with your best base stealer on 1st and a very fast runner on 3rd.

Cleveland probably in that situation fakes a throw to 2nd and looks to get the guy on 3rd straying too far off base.

Doesn't matter if they then walk Abreu to set up a DP since bases loaded 1 out with the middle of the order coming up is a great situation.

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Had a feeling Sox would win today when I found a DVD of Rock 'N' Roll High School at a thrift shop. Had never seen it despite being  a big Ramones fan an seeing them in concert at UIC with the Runaways opening for them in 78' or 79' .

You've never seen rock n roll high school? How dare you call yourself a music fan. PJ Soles was a dream. When Stripes came out my first comment was " that's PJ " from Rock n Roll high school.

The first time I was them was at UIC too. But I think it was 82 or 83.

Edited by ptatc

2 hours ago, ptatc said:

You've never seen rock n roll high school? How dare you call yourself a music fan. PJ Soles was a dream. When Stripes came out my first comment was " that's PJ " from Rock n Roll high school.

The first time I was them was at UIC too. But I think it was 82 or 83.

I dont subscribe to movie channels or pay for any movie streaming services. I do however wheel and deal my way into getting digital codes and one of the few who will buy dvds because they are extremely cheap on the secondary market.

When u grow up with square TV'S in your youth most shows were in black and white and TV reception was poor, fuzzy and fickle, DVD SD quality movies on far superior widescreen TV'S is actually quite good.

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. And thank you .I couldn't place PJ though I knew I had seen her before and  I do have Stripes in my streamed library.

It was definitely 78 or 79 . Probably 78 . One of the special features on the DVD was a soundtrack from a Ramones concert in LA in late 78 that they were supposed to use in the movie. It didnt sound that good and there was sound system feedback noise so they just had the Ramones do the songs in studio under more controlled conditions

It was UICC back then instead of UIC .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I dont subscribe to movie channels or pay for any movie streaming services. I do however wheel and deal my way into getting digital codes and one of the few who will buy dvds because they are extremely cheap on the secondary market.

When u grow up with square TV'S in your youth most shows were in black and white and TV reception was poor, fuzzy and fickle, DVD SD quality movies on far superior widescreen TV'S is actually quite good.

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. And thank you .I couldn't place PJ though I knew I had seen her before and  I do have Stripes in my streamed library.

It was definitely 78 or 79 . Probably 78 . One of the special features on the DVD was a soundtrack from a Ramones concert in LA in late 78 that they were supposed to use in the movie. It didnt sound that good and there was sound system feedback noise so they just had the Ramones do the songs in studio under more controlled conditions

It was UICC back then instead of UIC .

That's right circle campus. I forgot about that.

Adam Engel deserves a lot of credit.  He has made himself into a useful player. Clearly has lots of value defensively and overhauled his swing (short and compact now) to the point where he can actually contribute offensively a bit. Not saying he’s an Allstar or even an everyday player, but he’s not a black hole and he clearly deserves to be on a major league roster  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, daa84 said:

Adam Engel deserves a lot of credit.  He has made himself into a useful player. Clearly has lots of value defensively and overhauled his swing (short and compact now) to the point where he can actually contribute offensively a bit. Not saying he’s an Allstar or even an everyday player, but he’s not a black hole and he clearly deserves to be on a major league roster  

Absolutely 100% agree with this post. 

7 hours ago, fathom said:

Mendick and Leury are doing a great job up the middle.

Remember when everyone was b****ing on OD that Leury sucks defensively up the middle? Granted he did contribute heavily to that first loss with his defense at 2B, but lately he's looked great at short. Much like in 2019 when Yolmer started out horribly defensively at 2B...then he ended winning the 2B Gold Glove lol.

IMO Leury's gotten to baseballs that I think Anderson either wouldn't have gotten to, or would have bobbled. 

Plus, his bat is on fire right now. 

Next season, much like McCann, I hope the Sox can find a way to sign him to a super sub role. I guess it's a good problem that your team has players considered to be bench players that could be starters elsewhere. 

Edited by ScooterMcGee