8.8.20 GT | Clevelanders @ White Sox | 1:10PM CT

Tnetennba

30 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Draft: Drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the 29th round of the 2013 MLB June Amateur Draft from Valley HS (Valley, AL) and the Chicago White Sox in the 20th round of the 2016 MLB June Amateur Draft from University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL).

High School:  Valley HS (Valley, AL)

School:  University of Alabama (Tuscaloosa, AL)

Debut: August 1, 2020 (Age 25-187d, 19,748th in MLB history)

Rookie Status: Still Intact through 2020

2020 Contract Status: Not Updated

Full Name: Matthew James Foster 

Twitter: @MattFoster_14

Edited by caulfield12

Perhaps the most interesting tidbit, has never started a game...at least since high school.

69 games finished, 31 saves.   More or less the “anti-starter,” if there was such a thing.

https://www.milb.com/news/foster-realizing-hometown-dream-288411712

Besides his focus and competitive nature, Matt's mother believes his versatility is another strength of his. He played various positions growing up, even winning the Silver Slugger and All-State honors as a third baseman in high school. He originally signed to catch during his college before moving to the mound. 

After the season, Foster is excited to return to UA (Alabama) as he continues pursuing his degree and training at the Capstone with his ultimate goal of reaching the Major Leagues in sight. 

For Mrs. Foster, watching Matt take the mound at Regions Field brings back memories of an 8-year-old swinging a bat around and saying he would play in the majors one day. Now, she gets to witness his dreams become reality. She's there every step of the way, reminding him to "stay focused and work hard."

Edited by caulfield12

• Quin pinned this topic

Looks like i'll be able to watch and focus on this one. Have a migraine today so it means I won't be able to do my normal MLB the show grinding + white sox game. It'll just have to be White Sox game.

Anyone else play the Show lately? They just came out with the juiced Luis Robert card yesterday. I spent 130k on it immediately. :D

41 minutes ago, pcq said:

Facing Yakkity Yack Plesac. Uncle Dan must be proud. Cleveland pitching is impressive even with Tito in GI distress. 

Yeah the I dians have five starters that are good. I still want to know when we can expect them and the Twins to drop off. 

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Ew to Moncada at Leadoff. 

Really? I think he might be our best option there. Obviously hurts his run producing abilities, but he’s all but guaranteed to get on base at a high rate and has pretty good wheels.

Id like to see Jose and Robert switched honestly. Ricky is going to have to come to terms that Jose isn’t a top 4 option in this lineup anymore, at least Vs RH. He’s killing us with risp 

18 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Really? I think he might be our best option there. Obviously hurts his run producing abilities, but he’s all but guaranteed to get on base at a high rate and has pretty good wheels.

Id like to see Jose and Robert switched honestly. Ricky is going to have to come to terms that Jose isn’t a top 4 option in this lineup anymore, at least Vs RH. He’s killing us with risp 

Moncada's numbers suck at leadoff. He struggles there. He's much more comfortable at 2 or 3. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

25 minutes ago, hi8is said:

My guess is he’s “mixing it up to try and generate some more runs”... or something like that.

/shrug

Yeah, probably.  Many valid things to critique but I guess sometimes you gotta shake it up and roll with something different.