8.8.20 GT | Clevelanders @ White Sox | 1:10PM CT

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It’s unacceptable to have a bad in-game manager not having his team mentally prepared for action. That effort is on Grandal and there should be consequences for him, but the consistent errors in judgment across the board from this team, for years, is unacceptable 

That’s where a good manager can make a big difference to a club.  And where RR continues to fail over and over again.  

This is honestly why I had no choice the last year but to start watching the Padres...

RENTERIA doesn't have a clue how to get this team to the next level.   Epstein saw it.  Didn't take a  Harvard or Cornell education to figure out that much.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Anderson is bad. He's also on the roster. And the Sox can't pitch the same guys every single day. There's nothing confusing about this.

Only Detwiler hasn’t pitched in a few days....so there is that...

Its a bullpen game... during a stretch where the team is playing like 16 games in 16 days, and they lost their best reliever to injury. 

I honestly have no idea what any of you think the manager should do. Drew Anderson is on the team. The bullpen is taxed and still has to pitch. Guys have to play. Stop blaming the manager for not treating the 3rd and 4th inning of a bhllpen game like its game 7 of a world series.

Give me a break. He’s the worst player on the roster and you tried to get greedy with a second inning against top of the order. They have enough guys to get 6 innings from the actual competent relievers. That’s two out of last four games that Ricky completely blew in terms of managing bullpen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Its a bullpen game... during a stretch where the team is playing like 16 games in 16 days, and they lost their best reliever to injury. 

I honestly have no idea what any of you think the manager should do. Drew Anderson is on the team. The bullpen is taxed and still has to pitch. Guys have to play. Stop blaming the manager for not treating the 3rd and 4th inning of a bhllpen game like its game 7 of a world series.

We got through 3 innings but fine and you leave the worst pitcher out there when we have Detweiler who has been great this year and could give you 3-4 innings. Anderson gave you one good inning, stop when you are ahead

Just now, SouthWallace said:

And it’s 6-0.  Guys are T-ing off on your pitcher and no one is ready to relieve him.  Fucking pathetic...

Well, it's not like we don't have expanded rosters.

It's not like Anderson has ever been a credible big league reliever.

It's not like you couldn't sense the entire inning getting away after those first two runs scored.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I forgot why i stopped reading game threads often. 

These are just a train wreck. 

The negativity and the complete nonsense is just mind boggling.

People b****ing about the 2nd reliever put into a bullpen game during a stretch of 16 in 16 or whatever it is. 

Enjoy your weekend. Go sox.

Have a good weekend, no more carrying water until Monday!

• Love 1

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Only Detwiler hasn’t pitched in a few days....so there is that...

Should have been Foster through the order once and then Detwiler through the order once. Hopefully that gets you through the 5th and you have the rest of the bullpen to get you through 4. That should have been the plan. Instead we got a guy who clearly has no business on a MLB roster pitching 2 innings. You got lucky the first inning he pitched when he went full count on everyone he faced. Why go into the 2nd inning of work without a real contingency plan?

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Anderson is bad. He's also on the roster. And the Sox can't pitch the same guys every single day. There's nothing confusing about this.

Same guys, no. Other guys, yes. 

He provided one out this inning. It’s not like he was mixing in outs with the hits. 

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

We got through 3 innings but fine and you leave the worst pitcher out there when we have Detweiler who has been great this year and could give you 3-4 innings. Anderson gave you one good inning, stop when you are ahead

Lol you're UPSET because Rick Renteria didn't replace Drew Anderson with Ross Detwiler. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I forgot why i stopped reading game threads often. 

These are just a train wreck. 

The negativity and the complete nonsense is just mind boggling.

People b****ing about the 2nd reliever put into a bullpen game during a stretch of 16 in 16 or whatever it is. 

Enjoy your weekend. Go sox.

Bullpen game does not mean we should be trying to lose. Only 60 games this year

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1