8.8.20 GT | Clevelanders @ White Sox | 1:10PM CT

Tnetennba

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This is honestly why I had no choice the last year but to start watching the Padres...

RENTERIA doesn't have a clue how to get this team to the next level.   Epstein saw it.  Didn't take a  Harvard or Cornell education to figure out that much.

Why do you always pick the team that will be the single most annoying team to name drop on SoxTalk.

Royals, Padres, Puigmania after the Sox missed on him. 

You definitely has a choice in picking the Padres.

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I forgot why i stopped reading game threads often. 

These are just a train wreck. 

The negativity and the complete nonsense is just mind boggling.

People b****ing about the 2nd reliever put into a bullpen game during a stretch of 16 in 16 or whatever it is. 

Enjoy your weekend. Go sox.

We love to watch Ray Ray run out of game threads if this is going to be the canned response of defending the manager when everyone called the big inning before it even happened.

I know I did.

Have you ever watched Anderson pitch in the spring, at least?

You're telling me they had NO OTHER CHOICE BUT to throw Anderson out there for a second inning of work?  Against their 4 best hitters?

C'mon.

You're better than that, man.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 2

Just now, 2Deep said:

Bullpen game does not mean we should be trying to lose. Only 60 games this year

and drew Anderson is on the team and needs to pitch. You understand the same relievers can't throw everyday right? Guys are getting hurt and all you dolts want the manager to use the same guys everyday. So much ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol you're UPSET because Rick Renteria didn't replace Drew Anderson with Ross Detwiler. 

Yes, one has pitched very well this year. The other has no business being in the majors. If Detwiler got roughed up, we blame him. When it’s a guy that shouldn’t be out there, that is on the manager. It’s the same freaking thing with Gio facing a lineup for the 3rd time.

• Like 2

and drew Anderson is on the team and needs to pitch. You understand the same relievers can't throw everyday right? Guys are getting hurt and all you dolts want the manager to use the same guys everyday. So much ignorance.

Lol Jesus Christ dude. You fucking suck. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We love to watch Ray Ray run out of game threads if this is going to be the canned response of defending the manager when everyone called the big inning before it even happened.

I know I did.

Have you ever watched Anderson pitch in the spring, at least?

You're telling me they had NO OTHER CHOICE BUT to throw Anderson out there for a second inning of work?  Against their 4 best hitters?

C'mon.

You're better than that, man.

I thought he was too but honestly he's really not.  And that's the last I'll say on it.

Could have easily gone Detwiler for 4th and 5th, Cordero an inning, Heuer an inning and gone from there.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Why do you always pick the team that will be the single most annoying team to name drop on SoxTalk.

Royals, Padres, Puigmania after the Sox missed on him. 

You definitely has a choice in picking the Padres.

Well, can't pick an AL team because the White Sox might actually be competing, finally.

Actually, Cardinals were my NL team (anti-Cubs for entire 80's and 90's.)

The Padres were about 1) what if the White Sox had a certain two players we won't name, alternative reality   and 2) an organizational mindset of desperation to win, and 3) two organizations that were similarly stacked in minor league talent top to bottom but two entirely different modus operandi to get back to the playoffs.

Also, similar length of years missing the playoffs.    And I definitely wasn't going with the Marlins or the Mariners...

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Should have been Foster through the order once and then Detwiler through the order once. Hopefully that gets you through the 5th and you have the rest of the bullpen to get you through 4. That should have been the plan. Instead we got a guy who clearly has no business on a MLB roster pitching 2 innings. You got lucky the first inning he pitched when he went full count on everyone he faced. Why go into the 2nd inning of work without a real contingency plan?

Exactly. Ricky punted this game the moment the Anderson kid came out for his second inning of work after going full on every single batter in the previous inning. Terrible management of the game by Ricky

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Anderson had no business up here. Should have let foster continue

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I mean, they could've trotted out Burdi, Heuer, Detwiler, etc. If those guys stink, we eat it. If Anderson stinks, that's on the manager because he ALWAYS stinks and this is an important game. You put this stroke in when the game is out of reach, not when it's 0-0.