8.8.20 GT | Clevelanders @ White Sox | 1:10PM CT

Tnetennba

2 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

It’s really a shame that there is such a wealth of talented players, but a manager who has no clue.  This will become apparent when the Indians, Tigers, and Royals rebuilds surpass that of the Sox.

Torkelson, Manning, Mize and Riley Greene are going to be pretty awesome.    Royals, it remains to be seen, their young position prospects are lacking, pitching could be okay.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, wegner said:

Thanks.  I just checked the box score.  It looks like Foster pitched well.  I thought they were going to follow up Foster with Detwiler?  BTW, I am a little ashamed to say that I have no clue who D. Anderson is.

I thought it was gonna be a for sure thing with Detwiler however Renteria tried to get cute and keep Anderson in for a second inning against the top of Cleveland’s lineup.  

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Can’t afford to punt away games against a division rival

I’m sure others will disagree, but I think Twins and Indians will easily finish 1-2 in the division. Our main competition will end up being Red Sox, Jays and Angels.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I’m sure others will disagree, but I think Twins and Indians will easily finish 1-2 in the division. Our main competition will end up being Red Sox, Jays and Angels.

Without Ohtani able to be an ace as a pitcher, just don't see them having a big enough offense.  Adell would have to start carrying the team along with Trout as a rookie.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

3-6 against MIN/CLE can easily be offset by KCR/DET/PITT.

But they're really going to have to win at least 2 out of 6 against a suddenly revitalized Cubs' team.

Tigers offense is significantly better this year than last

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

If the season ended today, there’d be 4 playoff teams from the AL Central. Wild.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Without Ohtani able to be an ace as a pitcher, just don't see them having a big enough offense.  Adell would have to start carrying the team along with Trout as a rookie.

Agree. I don’t see any of those 3 teams making noise this season. If the Sox can’t beat them out, they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.