White Sox vs Indians 8/9 game thread Sunday Night Baseball

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It should be required for all new stadiums. 

Too expensive in this day of crunched municipal budgets....unless you get private funding.

Maybe works for 10-12 teams IN MLB.   Plus, they're an eyesore, IMO.    Look like giant aircraft hangers.   Rangers' new stadium looks like the Chernobyl sarcophagus they built over the nuclear core.  UGLY.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Worst case scenario they are at .500

You‘d think they are already dead and buried at 5-30

Yeah, or to them it is like the early 2000s where they underachieved and brought in Wells and Ritchie to be the savior to try and compete year after year.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Too expensive in this day of crunched municipal budgets....unless you get private funding.

Maybe works for 10-12 teams IN MLB.   Plus, they're an eyesore, IMO.    Look like giant aircraft hangers.   Rangers' new stadium looks like the Chernobyl sarcophagus they built over the nuclear core.  UGLY.

God awful. Baseball is meant to be play outside dangit

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I don't care if they're ugly, I care if they're comfortable. Ever been to a game when it's 100 degrees out? Not fun. Completely ruins the experience. 

I'd rather go to a game in April when it's 50 than in July when it's 95. A retractable roof solves both problems. 

I went to the Sox game on the night they drafted Burger and it was 99 degrees at 1st pitch, at 7:10 pm. It made me question whether or not I ever wanted to attend another baseball game in person ever. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Just now, The Beast said:

Yeah, or to them it is like the early 2000s where they underachieved and brought in Wells and Ritchie to be the savior to try and compete year after year.

Two different years.

Wells was gone after 2001, the year Frank got hurt and Canseco took his place.

Ritchie trade for Fogg/Lowe/Wells was after.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Two different years.

Wells was gone after 2001, the year Frank got hurt and Canseco took his place.

Ritchie trade for Fogg/Lowe/Wells was after.

I know it was two different years. You get the point though, that’s how people are b****ing.