White Sox vs Indians 8/9 game thread Sunday Night Baseball

That was so not worth waiting 44 minutes for...

BRUTAL.

LEURY, freaking take at least one pitch after sitting there on the bench for almost an hour.

Alomar was smart to bring in a crafty LHP and turn Moncada around.

Indians are just a smarter organization, top to bottom.    We might be more talented, but it's all about results at the big league level.   At this point, the time for development has come and gone (except for rookies, obviously.)

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Can't believe we lost this game. Walking Carlos Santana needs to stop

Be nice if they were playing no doubles when they’re supposed to.  I guess it’s too much to ask for a manager that has zero idea how to compete.

I heard so much about our hitting but we suck. I am tired of Leury Garcia.......we will never win if he's playing every game. I'm tired of Renteria and the clown act. I do not want to hear for the rest of the year how we are A good hitting team. We have no plate discipline 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

I heard so much about our hitting but we suck. I am tired of Leury Garcia.......we will never win if he's playing every game. I'm tired of Renteria and the clown act. I do not want to hear for the rest of the year how we are A good hitting team. We have no plate discipline 

But...but....the offense destroyed Cishek and Herrera in Summer Camp

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Timing of glove squeeze+being in the heel. 

That's just bad luck, same with the Canseco domeshot. 

Eloy's gaffe was legit awfulness. 

What makes their's "bad luck" but Eloys "legit awfulness". Having the ball hit your glove or head and bounce over the wall is not bad luck, it is a misplayed ball that results in an error.  There are endless examples of plays like Eloy's where a ball is misread or drifts and drops. The only reason Eloys may be considered worse is because it resulted in an inside the park home run.  

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I don’t think his legs are healthy, which is throwing off his balance. I’ve been so unimpressed by his range on defense.

I'll just pretend Luis Robert drove that ball threw and rain and over the fence.

That makes it easier to deal with, somewhat.

But not much.

Have to rebound quickly in DET against a suddenly revitalized team starting to believe in itself, and with more minor league talent than the White Sox.

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

8-8 isn’t terrible, but the last 5 games they have been flat as hell. Boring and infuriating at the same time. 

we really needed Eloy to take the next step. He’s played an enormous role in this team losing on this home stand.