White Sox vs Indians 8/9 game thread Sunday Night Baseball

Just now, 2Deep said:

I just don't understand the lack of plate discipline and having some kind of game plan when batting

When Grandal was patient, and the game was on the line, he got screwed.

Would have been such a huge lift to win this game, but we're the anti-Cubs right now...seemingly.

And the Indians finally had a rain delay work out in their favor, albeit with FAR less at stake.Ā  Ā  Where's our RAJAI Davis when you need him?

3 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I heard so much about our hitting but we suck. I am tired of Leury Garcia.......we will never win if he's playing every game. I'm tired of Renteria and the clown act. I do not want to hear for the rest of the year how we are A good hitting team. We have no plate disciplineĀ 

Leury is literally ranked 2nd on the team in WAR behind Robert. It seems strange that out of all the players to lash out against you choose him.

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

I just don't understand the lack of plate discipline and having some kind of game plan when batting

When has plate discipline bene emphasized within the organization?Ā 

Maybe within the next few years Hahn will get around to reading a book that refers to Kevin Youkilis as the "Greek God of Walks". Then he'll realize how important they are.Ā 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

When Grandal was patient, and the game was on the line, he got screwed.

Would have been such a huge lift to win this game, but we're the anti-Cubs right now...seemingly.

And the Indians finally had a rain delay work out in their favor, albeit with FAR less at stake.Ā  Ā  Where's our RAJAI Davis when you need him?

I'm infuriated by Leury's at bat in extrasĀ 

Roger Bo-Zard the Wizard better go on the Bozo Show on WGN and reverse the jinx...unfortunately, seems that guy has passed away, like the White Sox playoff chances.

J/K.

It's actually kind of fun to be getting upset and having a passionate feeling one way or another for White Sox games again.Ā  Ā  It has been since late 2012 and May 2016 for most of us.

But still a huge gut punch.Ā  Ā Giolito should have gotten a well-earned victory...

Ā 

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I can't get past how unprepared this organization appears to be to win.Ā  Garcia first pitch pop out to second.Ā  He should have been hit for when perez came in.Ā 

Leury is better hitting right handed than left handed

It seems like we need to beat up on our other opponents and go for the wildcard.Ā  Ā We play like crap against the Twins and Cleveland.Ā  Lucky we weren't swept but should have won 2 out of 3.Ā  Oh well, better play well against the Tigers starting tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, Orlando said:

8-8 after a tough stretch of schedule. Valiant effort against Bieber. Tigers tomorrow. Not a loss to get to hung up on. Crap happens.

Given the state of this rotation, we need to win more than half of Giolitoā€™s starts when itā€™s all said and done. Ā AsĀ you imply, they canā€™t let this game carry over to the Tigers game. They need to win 2 of 3.

15 minutes ago, Orlando said:

8-8 after a tough stretch of schedule. Valiant effort against Bieber. Tigers tomorrow. Not a loss to get to hung up on. Crap happens.

Yup. Ā Iā€™m most excited that we beat the living shit out of the Royals. Ā If we play around .500 against the big dogs and beat up the bad teams...that means weā€™re one of the better teams. Ā 

Considering all the injuries, absoluteĀ A+ so far boys.Ā 

A couple of guys on the team look tired and the dugout seemed pretty dispiritedĀ  and somber for much of the game.Ā 

Moncada looked like he was either not feeling well physically or that something was on his mind outside of the game.

Hopefully they shake out of this and Tim Anderson's leadership will get them back on track.Ā  That game was not fun to watch. It sucked.

Ā 

Ā 

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Cardinals series almost definitely getting postponed

I hope those games get postponed because the Sox could use a few days off, both in terms of giving guys that are injured more time to return without missing any gamesĀ and giving the healthy players like Eloy a few days off since they are struggling mightily.

• Like 1