White Sox vs Indians 8/9 game thread Sunday Night Baseball

25 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

I hope those games get postponed because the Sox could use a few days off, both in terms of giving guys that are injured more time to return without missing any games and giving the healthy players like Eloy a few days off since they are struggling mightily.

Good point. Wouldn’t be the worst thing.

We still have the same problem we have had for a long time..

shitty undisciplined at bats... pitchers dont need to throw strikes to get us out.

Robert seems to be from the same camp.. you look at the really good teams they don't do that.

This offense has been shit besides the KC series.

We’re at .500 and certainly not playing our best ball. When the offense was cookin, the pitching was pissing the bed. When the pitching has clicked, the offense went to sleep.

Half the team also has been on the IL.

Let’s see what happens over the next 20 games.

8 hours ago, fathom said:

we really needed Eloy to take the next step. He’s played an enormous role in this team losing on this home stand.

His next step is taking EE's place.

Kenny-Hahn traded Q for a pitcher with far more upside than Q and a DH. 

Eloy is not Robert.

Eloy is not even a servicable outfielder and they continue to risk serious injury trying to make him into something he's not.  

Edited by GradMc

That was a tough play since the foul line is only about three feet from a short wall on the third base line. It would be hard for any outfielder to stop on a dime there or to pull up on a fly ball that would end up being fair.

Since that play, Eloy has already ranged to his right to make a good play and come in on a few balls to make some nice catches. He has surprising speed for a big man.

I think he stays out there for a few years and that he steadily improves.

1 hour ago, GradMc said:

His next step is taking EE's place.

Kenny-Hahn traded Q for a pitcher with far more upside than Q and a DH. 

Eloy is not Robert.

Eloy is not even a servicable outfielder and they continue to risk serious injury trying to make him into something he's not.  

I don't think Renteria and the FO are ready to make him a DH yet (clearly). I think it couldn't hurt to DH him some here and there though, in the mean time. For now I'd let McCann take EE's spot. They have to find a way to keep his bat in the lineup. Besides him, it's really only Moncada and occasionally Grandal giving professional ab's. For better or worse, the other guys are impatient. Anderson won't change that when he returns; Madrigal might

Edited by soxfan49