Grandal will have caught 9/16 games after today. Should he catch more often?

ron883

Should Yasmani be catching more games?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should Yasmani be catching more games?

• Yes, Yasmani needs to catch more
    • No, he has caught the right amount of games

Grandal was signed to a big deal because he is a great hitter and great pitch framer. The pitch framing is one of his highest selling points. After today's game, he will have caught 9 of the 16 white sox games, or a little over half. Is this too few? You signed him to provide the great pitch framing. Anybody else think he needs to catch more often to maximize his value?

11 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Grandal was signed to a big deal because he is a great hitter and great pitch framer. The pitch framing is one of his highest selling points. After today's game, he will have caught 9 of the 16 white sox games, or a little over half. Is this too few? You signed him to provide the great pitch framing. Anybody else think he needs to catch more often to maximize his value?

No, I love that he is a good framer, but to me the biggest values  he provides are power from the left side and working walks. I want his bat in the lineup as much as possible.

McCann and Grandal both seem to be pretty good defensively, although they get there in very different ways. Keep Grandal's bat fresh, keep them catching around 60/40, and keep DHing Grandal.

• Like 1

Grandal played something like 154 games last year. He’s already set a few this year. When he’s not catching, he needs to be at 1B or DH the vast majority of the time. 

I am fine with McCann catching a couple times a week, but sitting Grandal is super stupid, especially when Abreu is in the lineup against RHP. 

McCann is good enough to be behind the dish a decent amount, as long as Grandal is in the lineup producing which eh has been so far after a slow start

I assume McCann will sign elsewhere next year, but he really has been a consistent joy...Collins has really disappointed thus far

On 8/9/2020 at 11:52 AM, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

McCann is awesome too - so I love the idea of keeping both fresh while maximizing both of their bats as well. Our use of catchers has been just right if you ask me.  

On 8/9/2020 at 12:06 PM, gusguyman said:

No, I love that he is a good framer, but to me the biggest values  he provides are power from the left side and working walks. I want his bat in the lineup as much as possible.

McCann and Grandal both seem to be pretty good defensively, although they get there in very different ways. Keep Grandal's bat fresh, keep them catching around 60/40, and keep DHing Grandal.

This.