8/10 Sox vs Tigers GT

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yes, he’s been very average but he’s hitting too high up in the order. I was thinking more of Encarnación.

Anyone with a brain could see Encarnacion flopping coming. 

If they don't make the playoffs this year with only 14 teams missing it will be a huge indictment of Hahn. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I could be totally off base here, but I feel like a huge proportion of our offensive production is home run based. Like in our current predicament, our only hope is if we get a few big swings. One run was difficult, two is downright intimidating. We'll score twelve runs on occasion, but it's because we hit five bombs in the game. Smack two singles and a double? Operate our offense as a cohesive unit? Never heard of it. Compound it all with a seriously idiotic approach, like swinging at the first pitch after a pitcher throws eight straight balls.

I'd like for our offense to not be super aggravating anymore.

Welcome to SoxTalk! 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Anyone with a brain could see Encarnacion flopping coming. 

He's going to flop because of the short season. Encarnacion is a notorious slow starter. Unfortunately for him, it's going to be magnified with a 60 game season. 

• Like 1

Super excited for starting shortstop, Ryan Goins!

Edit: Seriously, I was so stoked for this season where we'd have an interesting at-bat at every single spot in the lineup. The rookies might struggle, Edwin might have a slow start, Yasmani might have one of his prolonged slumps, but at least you would want to watch. Two weeks in, and we'll probably see a Mendick/Engel/Goins starting 9. WTF.

Edited by Dallas Kong

I think some of the offensive woes can be blamed on facing some hot pitching but also good teams make their own luck. Hopefully we can see some more guys get hot and spark the offense soon or they're gonna lose a lot of games.

Bright side is we have an excellent bench and I hope they lock McCann up in tandem with Grandal going forward. Coming into todays game according to fangraphs they've produced 1.7 fWAR. (.6 Engel, .5 Leury, .5McCann and .1 Mendick).

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

Scary thing is I’m not sure how they fix this.  Awful free agent acquisitions on the offensive side have become the norm, so it’s hard to count on that.

Should have spent the money to sign Castellanos!