8/10 Sox vs Tigers GT

soxfan49

Just now, fathom said:

Vaughn and Madrigal are going to help a lot

Particularly Vaughn. 
At this point, I’m not averse to letting Collins DH against RHP. I get it, he has no hits and his hit tool is well below average right now, but maybe he gets into a rhythm, takes pitches, works a few walks, gets something different going. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Butter Parque said:

Particularly Vaughn. 
At this point, I’m not averse to letting Collins DH against RHP. I get it, he has no hits and his hit tool is well below average right now, but maybe he gets into a rhythm, takes pitches, works a few walks, gets something different going. 

I think the issue is the offense is struggling so  McCann needs to play with the bat he has been showing. That pushes Grandal to DH so Collin's chances may be limited. 

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

More Dallas. Needs to be said...

Preach Dallas. The role players - Medick, Leury, Engle, these are the ones who have been taking professional at bats. The stars right now look like they bought into the hype and think they can just hit first pitch home runs every at bat. How did Ricky go from benching people for not running it out to first to this?

• Like 1

Just now, gusguyman said:

Preach Dallas. The role players - Medick, Leury, Engle, these are the ones who have been taking professional at bats. The stars right now look like they bought into the hype and think they can just hit first pitch home runs every at bat. How did Ricky go from benching people for not running it out to first to this?

There’s one player who really did nothing positive today. I do think Grandal (Not the player I referenced) needs to start trying to be a run producer and not a table setter.

Is this still the Chicago White Sox???

Great that it's not having to come from either Anderson, Abreu or Grandal.

Instantly embracing more of a leadership role.

Did seem completely lethargic/going through the motions....no fans doesn't help.  I think it was just that huge letdown from getting amped up for Sunday Night ESPN baseball to going back "down to earth" and flying to DET.

White Sox seemingly expect to beat big league teams just by showing up and turning in that line-up card.   Doesn't work that way.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

There’s one player who really did nothing positive today. I do think Grandal (Not the player I referenced) needs to start trying to be a run producer and not a table setter.

It works for some teams, like Carlos Santana taking his walks for the Indians.   But yeah, he has the biggest contract in Chicago White Sox history in order to be a plus hitting catcher and run producer.

Edited by caulfield12

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

More Dallas. Needs to be said...

I wonder who he's talking about? Abreu? Grandal? Moncada? Eloy? Leury? Someone else?

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

It works for some teams, like Carlos Santana taking his walks for the Indians.   But yeah, he has the biggest contract in Chicago White Sox history be to a plus hitting catcher.

This is Grandal's game. Quite a few said he would frustrate some people when he was signed.

1 minute ago, almagest said:

This is Grandal's game. Quite a few said he would frustrate some people when he was signed.

Agreed but he can look to do more damage at times. For example, against a soft tossing sidearm guy tonight, he took a 2-0 fastball right down the plate. I know he’s been getting screwed by the umps, but he’s also taking a ton of strikes earlier in the count.  

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Honestly, my guess is Eloy and Robert aren’t high on Keuchle’s effort list right now. Total guess on my part, but even with the start Robert had, he seems to be a very easy out the last 7-10 days, with some QUICK AB’s that result in K’s. 

Ha, doesn’t it seem like he’s down 0-2 every at bat?

Keuchel was on a team that was caught cheating. He knew about it and chose not to say anything.

So now he wants to point fingers at players?  OK

Look, the team had their nuts busted by Minnesota and Cleveland to begin the season and the Sunday Night ESPN game was a downer.

They know they don't have the arms to make a serious run and injuries are piling up with little time left.  But I get it, these guys are making millions and need to play hard every day.

Edited by tray

This is why I would have liked Mercedes on the roster. He is something of a mascot and player all in one.  Keuchel is not the right guy to lead this team and his criticisms might not be accepted well by some of the younger players.  Not to worry, Tim Anderson will resume that role tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, tray said:

This is why I would have liked Mercedes on the roster. He is something of a mascot and player all in one.  Keuchel is not the right guy to lead this team and his criticisms might not be accepted well by some of the younger players.  Not to worry, Tim Anderson will resume that role tomorrow.

Why can't Dallas be a leader on this team? When he was signed, literally every single article, and I'm pretty sure Hahn himself, touted his veteran leadership as one of the most important benefits of signing him. 

• Like 1