8/10 Sox vs Tigers GT

soxfan49

15 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Why can't Dallas be a leader on this team? When he was signed, literally every single article, and I'm pretty sure Hahn himself, touted his veteran leadership as one of the most important benefits of signing him.  

See my earlier post.

Keuchel can motivate Moncada, Robert, Jiminez Mazara? I hate to say this in some ways but right now, Ozzie would be the right guy to serve as interim Manager for the rest of this shortened season. Renetria can speak Spanish but he doesn't seem to be connecting  very well with  the young Latin players.
And where has Abreu, El Caipan , been through this slump?? Where is his leadership?  Maybe Tim Anderson can bring this together because right now it looks like it is unraveling.

19 minutes ago, tray said:

Keuchel can motivate Moncada, Robert, Jiminez Mazara? I hate to say this in some ways but right now, Ozzie would be the right guy to serve as interim Manager for the rest of this shortened season. Renetria can speak Spanish but he doesn't seem to be connecting  very well with  the young Latin players.
And where has Abreu, El Caipan , been through this slump?? Where is his leadership?  Maybe Tim Anderson can bring this together because right now it looks like it is unraveling.

Capitan?   He has three nicknames, El Canon, Mal Tiempo and Pito. 

56 minutes ago, tray said:

This is why I would have liked Mercedes on the roster. He is something of a mascot and player all in one.  Keuchel is not the right guy to lead this team and his criticisms might not be accepted well by some of the younger players.  Not to worry, Tim Anderson will resume that role tomorrow.

Is he going to put on a suit that is too small and perform Chris Farley's "Fat guy in a little coat" routine? Yermin isn't coming up here to be a class clown or mascot. He'll be coming up here to absolutely mash MLB pitching. He will be our DH of the future.

6 hours ago, tray said:

Keuchel was on a team that was caught cheating. He knew about it and chose not to say anything.

So now he wants to point fingers at players?  OK

So that should automatically put his criticisms in the back burner? Even if you discount that title, the dude was just in the postseason last season with a pretty young Atlanta Braves team. He knows what he's talking about and what it takes to get to the dance.