8/11 Sox at Detroit game thread

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, KipWellsFan said:

Good to see Jose Abreu is okay. Although I'd like it to see him have a more patient approach at the plate. His walk rate is way down. He's a dangerous hitter. Pitchers are going to be careful with him. But he's hacking at a lot garbage... my two cents.

Just gonna go ahead and quote myself here... Abreu came out and took three pitches, and then got a good one to hit. Good job. Also nice job making it to second easily.

Just now, lostfan said:

He could also... just... I dunno, not swing at every single slider he sees?

That's invariably the biggest flaw out of the majority of Latin American prospects based on the pitches they see growing up in the Dominican, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Venezuela.

He's just in-between right now.   Has too much talent not to come out of it, especially as some games get out of control and the last relievers out of the bullpen throw him more fastballs.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

That's invariably the biggest flaw out of the majority of Latin American prospects based on the pitches they see growing up in the Dominican, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Venezuela.

He's just in-between right now.   Has too much talent not to come out of it, especially as some games get out of control and the last relievers out of the bullpen throw him more fastballs.

I do have full confidence he'll adjust fine, he's way too talented to be taken down by a single flaw like that. But the pitchers are killing him right now.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic