8/11 Sox at Detroit game thread

southsider2k5

32 minutes ago, Dallas Kong said:

Sorry, but I sit at home and whine about the umpires. I'm also interested in baseball history. I do not sit at home and make cheesy, nonsensical jokes. So yes, I prefer Hawk, even in his degraded end-of-career state.

They get enough baseball history. Benetti lobs Stone softballs often about "who's the best _____ you ever saw/played with" or "do you remember the player that you ______ for the first time in your career?" They also do Sox Math and Sox Files which are occasionally baseball *history* related. I don't really give a shi who Hawk, of all people, thinks is the greatest player at some random category, sorry.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

That was not a competitive at bat by Robert. 

Nope, he's all turned around now. Pitchers have figured out how to turn his aggression against him, he is gonna have to start laying off pitches to make them stop

Just now, lostfan said:

Nope, he's all turned around now. Pitchers have figured out how to turn his aggression against him, he is gonna have to start laying off pitches to make them stop

Should probably take until he has a strike for a couple games, hopefully Renteria can sit him down and give him some advice, or one of the older Latin guys.

1 minute ago, lostfan said:

part of the reason i think he needs to lead off. Leadoff hitters see 60% fastballs. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

They get enough baseball history. Benetti lobs Stone softballs often about "who's the best _____ you ever saw/played with" or "do you remember the player that you ______ for the first time in your career?" They also do Sox Math and Sox Files which are occasionally baseball *history* related. I don't really give a shi who Hawk, of all people, thinks is the greatest player at some random category, sorry.

That's fair (and sorry if I came off as argumentative), but Hawk watched Sox games like I watched Sox games. He launched over the moon when I did, and he sulked when I did. He whined about the umps like I did. To each their own, but that's my preference and my original point.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic