Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

8/12 Game Thread Sox@ Detroit finale noon start

Recommended Posts

I sleep in the daytime and this game will be probably in the 7th or 8th inning by the time I'm up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Sorry man

not so bad when I get a night shift premium lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fathom said:

Why in the hell is Mazara playing against LHP

We all know, unfortunately our manager is a strategic moron.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta win series, let's take this one!!

With power and cable back up...game on in the background...YES!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fathom said:

Why in the hell is Mazara playing against LHP

It probably came from RH. They want to find out if Mazara can be an everyday RF or if they need to find a new one next year. The only way to find out is to play him everyday even against LHP.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It probably came from RH. They want to find out if Mazara can be an everyday RF or if they need to find a new one next year. The only way to find out is to play him everyday even against LHP.

Agreed. The flaw that they saw surely should be fixed by now.... right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It probably came from RH. They want to find out if Mazara can be an everyday RF or if they need to find a new one next year. The only way to find out is to play him everyday even against LHP.

This is a fair point honestly. The season is already reduced as is. But no reason they still couldn't tender him a contract and still find an upgrade in the off-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fathom said:

Why in the hell is Mazara playing against LHP

Mazara was already off against a left hander yesterday.  With an offday coming up, that would be three straight days off, for a guy who just came back from an injury and is trying to get back into a rhythm.  No you ideally don't want him in against a lefty.  Boyd has also only given you 14 innings in 3 starts, so the odds are that Mazara only gets 2 ABs against Boyd before the pen is in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Why is Jimenez batting second and not Mendick?  It seems like Renteria is trolling us. 

Sarcasm?

 

I'm fine with Jimenez getting more at bats. He had a better game yesterday. Hopefully he is breaking out of his slump

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Mazara was already off against a left hander yesterday.  With an offday coming up, that would be three straight days off, for a guy who just came back from an injury and is trying to get back into a rhythm.  No you ideally don't want him in against a lefty.  Boyd has also only given you 14 innings in 3 starts, so the odds are that Mazara only gets 2 ABs against Boyd before the pen is in.

Excellent assessment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Agreed. The flaw that they saw surely should be fixed by now.... right?

Won't know unless he plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Take the over.

:headbang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Agreed. The flaw that they saw surely should be fixed by now.... right?

Apparently the flaw was hitting home runs. Its far too expensive to be losing baseballs in this economy, now Mazara is a much more economical player!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×