8/12 Game Thread Sox@ Detroit finale noon start

southsider2k5

39 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Mazara was already off against a left hander yesterday.  With an offday coming up, that would be three straight days off, for a guy who just came back from an injury and is trying to get back into a rhythm.  No you ideally don't want him in against a lefty.  Boyd has also only given you 14 innings in 3 starts, so the odds are that Mazara only gets 2 ABs against Boyd before the pen is in.

So you're saying RR actually plans ahead and isnt the senile guy our posters paint him to be.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Mazara was already off against a left hander yesterday.  With an offday coming up, that would be three straight days off, for a guy who just came back from an injury and is trying to get back into a rhythm.  No you ideally don't want him in against a lefty.  Boyd has also only given you 14 innings in 3 starts, so the odds are that Mazara only gets 2 ABs against Boyd before the pen is in.

In an 162 game season, with a cold shitty Engel as the backup I'd maybe (maybe) go with this reasoning.  But not in a 60 game season with a hot, improved Engel.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

In an 162 game season, with a cold shitty Engel as the backup I'd maybe (maybe) go with this reasoning.  But not in a 60 game season with a hot, improved Engel.

Yep Mazara is in a platoon, that’s what happens.  Oh well, I hope he hits a homer and shuts us up.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep Mazara is in a platoon, that’s what happens.  Oh well, I hope he hits a homer and shuts us up.

I hope he gets hotter than shit just to stuff it up the asses of the three dozen people that show up here everyday --  cause if they are the real Chicago fans they can kiss my ass!

The changes that have happened in the Chicago White Sox organization are multi-fold!

Edited by chitownsportsfan

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I hope he gets hotter than shit just to stuff it up the asses of the three dozen people that show up here everyday --  cause if they are the real Chicago fans they can kiss my ass!

The changes that have happened in the Chicago White Sox organization are multi-fold!

If they get the best of the Cubbies and the playoffs look more and more realistic, it's going to be 36 X 100, haha.    My excuse at 1:00 a.m. in the morning is that it's the very last time I can watch a full game except on the weekends (Sat a.m. and Sunday a.m. usually.)

Then, back to school full-time.   Have to follow through the MLB.com site on phone, but SoxTalk isn't as much fun on cell phone because my phone typing sucks compared to having a laptop sitting in front of me and watching/listening with iPad.

Abreu has reached base 19 consecutive games against the Tigers, fwiw.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

Feels weird to be drinking a coffee rather than beer while the Sox are playing

Well, I have a can of Coca-Cola (no peanuts, forgot to buy)...one Corona in the refrigerator, and unfortunately, no IRISH nachos in the huge green helmet.  Or Dippin' Dots, although we do have a small shop in the local mall that sells them here in Wuhan, believe it or not.   We even have MLB shops in every mall, nobody actually follows baseball, but it's just for fashion, the NYY/LA hats and jackets that cost 50-75% more than they would in the US.   Last time I checked, they even had the blue/red/white Sox batting practice mesh jerseys, but for $56 and they were "replica" and not the real I think Majestic ones.

6 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Feels weird to be drinking a coffee rather than beer while the Sox are playing

I know which one Pierce Brosnan would be drinking, lol...but shouldn't it be a martini, shaken not stirred?

And who the heck is this Robert Mondavi dude who bottled/vinted Woodbridge Wines?    Those commercials are EVERYWHERE you look/listen these days.  It's like the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Guy in the World" dude with the beard.   Somehow, that gig's earned him $10+ million, nice job if you can get it.

Edited by caulfield12