8/12 Game Thread Sox@ Detroit finale noon start

southsider2k5

On the plus side, guys like Joc Pederson and Springer are scuffling this year...and they're not going to be able to get huge long-term deals heading into yet another year of Covid uncertainty as well as the labor negotiations.

1-2 year deals are fine for the White Sox right now with the veterans.   Even the Grandal contract is scary, at least a bit.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

On the plus side, guys like Joc Pederson and Springer are scuffling this year...and they're not going to be able to get huge long-term deals heading into yet another year of Covid uncertainty as well as the labor negotiations.

1-2 year deals are fine for the White Sox right now with the veterans.   Even the Grandal contract is scary, at least a bit.

Springer will absolutely get a huge contract.  I don't think Joc was never up for one..

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Next time the Sox are in a losing streak, I will try to remember that we played a game where fucking Alen Hanson and Yolmer Sanchez were batting 1-2 and hopefully that will give me some perspective. 

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Springer will absolutely get a huge contract.  I don't think Joc was never up for one..

730 OPS and 31 heading into next season.

Wouldn't dream of giving him more than 3 years.   If someone wants to give 4-5, great, let them have him.   We need to surround the young core with more professional hitters, he has so much swing and miss in his game, and his best years are going to be behind him, so, once again as Balta always points out, paying for past performance.

• Haha 1