8/12 Game Thread Sox@ Detroit finale noon start

southsider2k5

Just now, wegner said:

An Alan Hanson reference in the game...that is one move I will never understand when the Sox picked that guy up... he was god awful.

He used to be a top prospect at one point though, in the NL...maybe the Cardinals?  Pirates?   Giants?   Would have to look it up.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Uh I'm gonna give my top pitching prospect more than half a season in the big leagues to figure things out. He's given up 1 ER today. 

To be fair, I think he's this org's second highest pitching prospect. 

• Like 1

Uh I'm gonna give my top pitching prospect more than half a season in the big leagues to figure things out. He's given up 1 ER today. 

As to the first part. Did Kopech die? He can't locate any of his pitches constantly and melts down with guys on base. Sounds like a winning combo. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

He used to be a top prospect at one point though, in the NL...maybe the Cardinals?  Pirates?   Giants?   Would have to look it up.

I have no doubt about that, but the Sox just gave him too much playing time when he was clearly showing that he did not have mlb talent.  He was just a frustrating waste of time from what I remember.

Yeah there is a pretty good chance that Cease blew reading his signs which is what led to the PB and the problems.  It's a mental mistake that shouldn't happen.  I don't know if that play got in his head or not, but that was a series of what not to do.  I think all of that was a teachable moment though.  We'll see how he handles it going forward.