8/12 Game Thread Sox@ Detroit finale noon start

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

He could be a target for the team that loses the JT Realmuto sweepstakes. I think it’s an interesting case for a guy that would have had two consecutive good seasons.

He would have to keep this up to really get paid in a big way, IMO. 

He really only has one half of legitimately good baseball in his entire big league career. 2nd half of last season his numbers totally fell back in line with his career in Detroit. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

McCann is a UFA next year. Sox are probably not gonna bring him back. You don't pay Grandal $73 million and then pay a 2nd catcher big money.

Yeah, they're pretty committed to Grandal for the future. Agreed. 

Just now, chw42 said:

McCann is a UFA next year. Sox are probably not gonna bring him back. You don't pay Grandal $73 million and then pay a 2nd catcher big money.

McCann has earned his next contract, just sucks to lose him.  Sox definitely need a backup of similar quality. 

9 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

He did show some good signs but in what planet is 5 runs in 6 a quality start? He did keep them in the game and went 6 but 5 in 6 is a 7.5 ERA in that game.

I do think he is showing signs of improvement but I would not call that a QS yet.

Just now, Dominikk85 said:

He did show some good signs but in what planet is 5 runs in 6 a quality start? He did keep them in the game and went 6 but 5 in 6 is a 7.5 ERA in that game.

I do think he is showing signs of improvement but I would not call that a QS yet.

You must not have watched the game... 4 runs were unearned.

Just now, Richie said:

He would have to keep this up to really get paid in a big way, IMO. 

He really only has one half of legitimately good baseball in his entire big league career. 2nd half of last season his numbers totally fell back in line with his career in Detroit. 

He had a horrible July, but picked it back up in August in September and put up really good numbers  for a catcher. To say he had a poor second hald is technically correct, but doesn’t tell the whole story.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

McCann has earned his next contract, just sucks to lose him.  Sox definitely need a backup of similar quality. 

That's almost going to be impossible.

My picks, either Hedges or Mejia...whoever the Padres cast aside.

NOT AGAIN JIMENEZ.

EXACT CARBON COPY, almost.

1 minute ago, Dominikk85 said:

The definition of a QS is 6 or more IP and 3 or less ER. 

Cease went 6 innings and allowed 1 ER. 

FWIW, he also K'd 5 and walked nobody. Allowed 7 hits. That's a WHIP a touch over 1.000 for the day. His season ERA is down to 3.23. 

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

That's almost going to be impossible.

My picks, either Hedges or Mejia...whoever the Padres cast aside.

NOT AGAIN JIMENEZ.

EXACT CARBON COPY, almost.

He's just a disaster waiting to happen out there. 

One of these days he's really going to twist a knee the wrong way... something like that. I'm tired of watching it.