8/12 Game Thread Sox@ Detroit finale noon start

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Totally forgot the Tigers had Ivan Nova.   5.74 ERA, 1-0 for DET.

Going against INDIANS in first game of weekend series.

They need to save Nova for their games against the Cubbies

Has anyone ordered BUD or Bud Light delivery?    That seems a bit of a stretch, but obviously someone is buying...desperate times call for desperate measures, as they say.

Let's hope Christian Stewart doesn't date Kristen Stewart.

UNLIKELY.  But you never know.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I still laugh at that.

Well considering McCann > Grandal this year and the Sox could have allocated Grandal’s $$$ for desperately needed starting pitching help, I’m not sure why you’re laughing.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Well considering McCann > Grandal this year and the Sox could have allocated Grandal’s $$$ for desperately needed starting pitching help, I’m not sure why you’re laughing.

Again, they were never ever signing a second legitimate SP this off season, they are not going to displace the young talent on purpose.

If you want to argue that money could have been used better on a RF upgrade fine, but Grandal or no, there was not going to be a second major SP signed.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The Sox desperately need another LH (SW) power bat and OBP plus the upcoming free agency of McCann .Why do u feel vindicated ?

My position was that McCann would be the better investment moving forward (production per $ spent). Rather than signing Grandal, I wanted McCann extended another 2-3 years and to use the savings for pitching help. Need pitching to win in the playoffs.

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

My position is that McCann would be the better investment moving forward (production per $ spent). Rather than signing Grandal, I wanted McCann extended another 2-3 years and to use the savings for pitching help. Need pitching to win in the playoffs.

Grandal has 7 years of proven ball.. McCann has 70 games.

Just now, JoshPR said:

Marshall reminds me of Keith foulke for some reason

Foulke for a while might have had the best change-up in the game...don't really see Marshall as a closer type, but who knows.    He does have a lot of Kirby Yates to his arsenal.  Doesn't blow you away, but has the right pitch for the right situation usually.

2 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Again, they were never ever signing a second legitimate SP this off season, they are not going to displace the young talent on purpose.

If you want to argue that money could have been used better on a RF upgrade fine, but Grandal or no, there was not going to be a second major SP signed.

They absolutely should spend for another starting pitcher this winter (tier 2 type like Keuchel). I just hope Grandal’s money doesn’t restrict them from doing that.

• Like 1