8/12 Game Thread Sox@ Detroit finale noon start

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

They absolutely should spend for another starting pitcher this winter (tier 2 type like Keuchel). I just hope Grandal’s money doesn’t restrict them from doing that.

Stroman maybe. Unless he is looking to take a one-year deal at a pitcher friendly park.

18 minutes ago, Richie said:

Definitely in the 9th - Engel should be in there. 

I mean, even if just for protecting his body. Shit... the guy walks a very thin tightrope every time he goes towards a wall. Whether it be in foul territory or the left field wall. 

That one was pretty controlled by eloy though. He saw he wouldn't get to the ball and then just laid casually into that net for fun, that was not really a dangerous situation. He was just hangin out a little

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

They absolutely should spend for another starting pitcher this winter (tier 2 type like Keuchel). I just hope Grandal’s money doesn’t restrict them from doing that.

Depends what their assessment of the Kopech situation is both, mentally and physically.

Gio, Keuchel, Cease, Kopech, Lopez/Dunning/Rodon should be enough to at least start the season.

2022 is when they would probably add, but then you have Crochet/Kelley starting to move into the picture as well.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

And with this mindset you’re paying for past production...

this is ridiculous. This team needed a good framer. The sox got the best. This team needed a Lefty with OBP. They got the best available on the market. The team wanted a proven talent. They got it, and at market price. Grandal has looked fine and once he goes on a hot streak I can't wait to see all the crow posts. 

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Bauer or bust lol

• Like 1

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Depends what their assessment of the Kopech situation is both, mentally and physically.

Gio, Keuchel, Cease, Kopech, Lopez/Dunning/Rodon should be enough to at least start the season.

2022 is when they would probably add, but then you have Crochet/Kelley starting to move into the picture as well.

Assuming you’ll get two quality starters out of Kopech, Lopez, Dunning, and Rodon is a big assumption at this point. Also, you can never have enough pitching. Would be nice to be 6/7 deep for once and if they really are that deep they can always move depth for a RF or whatever else is needed.

Stroman/Bauer/Gausman/Ray/Paxton/Garrett Richards

T.Walker/A.Wood/Quintana/Tanaka/Odorizzi

There's 11.

Tier 1.  Tier 2.   Don't see Tanaka leaving NY, and a pitcher with diminishing stuff heading into the backside of his career doesn't seem a wise pitcher to overpay for.

Ray strikes out a ton, but usually only goes 4-6 innings and always leads to early bullpen games.   Throws way too many pitches.   Better for fantasy than a real team, IMO.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

There's 11.

Tier 1.  Tier 2.   Don't see Tanaka leaving NY, and a pitcher with diminishing stuff heading into the backside of his career doesn't seem a wise pitcher to overpay for.

What’s up with your mancrush on Gausman. He isn’t good. And Richards is definitely not in tier 1 either 😂

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

There's 11.

Out of those I would consider ray, paxton, Bauer. Stroman blah