Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
southsider2k5

8/12 Game Thread Sox@ Detroit finale noon start

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Mazara was already off against a left hander yesterday.  With an offday coming up, that would be three straight days off, for a guy who just came back from an injury and is trying to get back into a rhythm.  No you ideally don't want him in against a lefty.  Boyd has also only given you 14 innings in 3 starts, so the odds are that Mazara only gets 2 ABs against Boyd before the pen is in.

So you're saying RR actually plans ahead and isnt the senile guy our posters paint him to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta take the series and get back over .500.

Dallas' b****-out seemed to light a fire.  Maybe in the future, when the team is sucking, all the manager will have to say is, "Just wait until Dallas gets home."

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Mazara was already off against a left hander yesterday.  With an offday coming up, that would be three straight days off, for a guy who just came back from an injury and is trying to get back into a rhythm.  No you ideally don't want him in against a lefty.  Boyd has also only given you 14 innings in 3 starts, so the odds are that Mazara only gets 2 ABs against Boyd before the pen is in.

In an 162 game season, with a cold shitty Engel as the backup I'd maybe (maybe) go with this reasoning.  But not in a 60 game season with a hot, improved Engel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

In an 162 game season, with a cold shitty Engel as the backup I'd maybe (maybe) go with this reasoning.  But not in a 60 game season with a hot, improved Engel.

Yep Mazara is in a platoon, that’s what happens.  Oh well, I hope he hits a homer and shuts us up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep Mazara is in a platoon, that’s what happens.  Oh well, I hope he hits a homer and shuts us up.

I hope he gets hotter than shit just to stuff it up the asses of the three dozen people that show up here everyday --  cause if they are the real Chicago fans they can kiss my ass!

The changes that have happened in the Chicago White Sox organization are multi-fold!

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I hope he gets hotter than shit just to stuff it up the asses of the three dozen people that show up here everyday --  cause if they are the real Chicago fans they can kiss my ass!

The changes that have happened in the Chicago White Sox organization are multi-fold!

If they get the best of the Cubbies and the playoffs look more and more realistic, it's going to be 36 X 100, haha.    My excuse at 1:00 a.m. in the morning is that it's the very last time I can watch a full game except on the weekends (Sat a.m. and Sunday a.m. usually.)

Then, back to school full-time.   Have to follow through the MLB.com site on phone, but SoxTalk isn't as much fun on cell phone because my phone typing sucks compared to having a laptop sitting in front of me and watching/listening with iPad.

 

Abreu has reached base 19 consecutive games against the Tigers, fwiw.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

Feels weird to be drinking a coffee rather than beer while the Sox are playing

Well, I have a can of Coca-Cola (no peanuts, forgot to buy)...one Corona in the refrigerator, and unfortunately, no IRISH nachos in the huge green helmet.  Or Dippin' Dots, although we do have a small shop in the local mall that sells them here in Wuhan, believe it or not.   We even have MLB shops in every mall, nobody actually follows baseball, but it's just for fashion, the NYY/LA hats and jackets that cost 50-75% more than they would in the US.   Last time I checked, they even had the blue/red/white Sox batting practice mesh jerseys, but for $56 and they were "replica" and not the real I think Majestic ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Feels weird to be drinking a coffee rather than beer while the Sox are playing

I know which one Pierce Brosnan would be drinking, lol...but shouldn't it be a martini, shaken not stirred?

And who the heck is this Robert Mondavi dude who bottled/vinted Woodbridge Wines?    Those commercials are EVERYWHERE you look/listen these days.  It's like the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Guy in the World" dude with the beard.   Somehow, that gig's earned him $10+ million, nice job if you can get it.

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Craig Kimbrel, he's our closer."  Great job, Topps National Baseball Card Day promo.   Someone's trollin' the Cubbies.

Edited by caulfield12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Another great leadoff AB for Timmy.

For the record, this post was before the HR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×