FutureSox Dane Dunning feature

southsider2k5

There are still service time considerations with Dunning. The Super 2 deadline usually falls in mid June which would equate to about game 25 on this year’s schedule. Not that they want to rush him anyhow. Maybe  Jimmy Lambert was brought along too soon after his TJ. 

We won the Shields Trade:

“James Shields got me to go to a spiked curveball, he threw his curveball a little differently than me, and I wanted to try his out,” Dunning said. “When I tried his, it was a lot more effective and sharp. But I wasn’t throwing it consistently until I went to a spike.”

“Yasmani [Grandal] switched up the grip on my changeup. Now it’s a lot more effective. The numbers on it show that it’s getting better. Coaches like Everett Teaford, who has been helping me get carry and ride on my four-seam. Now everything is getting put together, and I feel really good about it.”

• Like 2
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

We won the Shields Trade:

“James Shields got me to go to a spiked curveball, he threw his curveball a little differently than me, and I wanted to try his out,” Dunning said. “When I tried his, it was a lot more effective and sharp. But I wasn’t throwing it consistently until I went to a spike.”

“Yasmani [Grandal] switched up the grip on my changeup. Now it’s a lot more effective. The numbers on it show that it’s getting better. Coaches like Everett Teaford, who has been helping me get carry and ride on my four-seam. Now everything is getting put together, and I feel really good about it.”

He's going to be a very good pitcher.  Super solid #3, weak #2 (ala Quintana)