Series v St. LOUIS

2Deep

I don't know how you all feel but it might not be bad for us to have the games v cardinals canceled this weekend. It will give guys like Moncada to get healthy and for us to get maybe LOPEZ back without playing games, and maybe Madrigal gets closer to returning. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm with you.  Sox could use a few days off.  This might make up for some of the bad BABIP luck.

Our offense seems to be on to something. Wr have a day off tomorrow and could play 3 games against a rusty and depleted team. Give me the 3 games. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think we definitely want to play tehse games.  They have played in 2 weeks!  I watched a couple of the Twins-Cards series before the CV tests, and the Cards looked really bad.  I think its best of the Sox to play, sitting idle for 4.5 days midseason is a long time.

Why are people saying they can't play Friday?  Hasn't there only been 1 positive test in like the last 10 days?  

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Cards hitters are going to be RUSTY. And their starters will be surely be on pitch counts. Gotta pounce on them. NO MERCY!

We're either going to sweep them for this reason, or they're gonna be super motivated and sweep us. I don't see a very competitive series either way

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I believe it is supposed to be bullpen day, Giolito, Dallas. If we played a DH on Sunday I would assume it would be Giolito on Saturday, bullpen/Dallas on Sunday

Cool, again, I'm oddly confident in Foster, maybe he can get stretched out for 3 innings this week as the opener.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

After waiting so long, one extra day to be 100% safe, push back Saturday to a night game to give extra testing time and shortened DH on Sunday really does make the most sense for both organizations. 

I think so too.  No reason to rush this if the Cardinals have another fuckup their season is done and as a MLB fan I don't want teams to be disqualified by Corona.