Series v St. LOUIS

2Deep

Generally, the expanded play-off format should be sufficient to boil down the best teams regardless of the criteria for the last teams to qualify for it.

It's pretty difficult to win the thing, even for the best teams.

Flexibility in determining the last few qualifiers for post-season  is important in this situation  but at the same time, there should be a minimum requirement of games played to even be considered.  I think something like 50 games would be fair.  St. Louis can still make that, but if they miss many more games they will be eliminated. If they are eliminated, I still think they should play their remaining scheduled games.  Teams do that every season after they have been eliminated from play-off contention. We have been doing  that almost every season.

9 minutes ago, pcq said:

The Saturday game was pushed back to 610 pm. Partly for testing and we don't want their dirty fluids getting sprayed on the home team. 

Feels like we’re back in the 1930’s again with that imagery...guess we all should have been forced to study 1917-18 Spanish flu pandemic in history class more carefully.

5 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I just imagine Francona standing behind a dejected-looking Plesac at the rental counter like "no, he will NOT be needing SiriusXM radio, thank you very much."

Funny line, but I don't think Francona would want to be standing anywhere near Plesac.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, flavum said:

Funny line, but I don't think Francona would want to be standing anywhere near Plesac.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Francona was already out of action when all this transpired, yes?   Alomar, Jr. running team...

"Moreover, it is highly doubtful that a major league baseball team would utilize a commercial rental car service counter for such a transaction, nggnnnnnn" (adjusts masking taped-glasses)

😉

7 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

"Moreover, it is highly doubtful that a major league baseball team would utilize a commercial rental car service counter for such a transaction, nggnnnnnn" (adjusts masking taped-glasses)

😉

You never know with the Indians, pretty budget-conscious.   Remember playfully “stripping” owner Rachel Phelps in the clubhouse with each victory down the stretch run?  The two “they’re still shitty” Asian dudes?  Charter flight on an old DC-7 that almost crashed in lightning storm and heavy roller coaster-like turbulence?

Edited by caulfield12

As much as I want White Sox baseball this weekend, if coaches and staff are still testing positive and the whole of the available St Louis team has to drive separately to Chicago, how the fuck is it safe for them to play on the same field as another team?  

Edited by SouthWallace

2 hours ago, SouthWallace said:

As much as I want White Sox baseball this weekend, if coaches and staff are still testing positive and the whole of the available St Louis team has to drive separately to Chicago, how the fuck is it safe for them to play on the same field as another team?  

Can we get Stl to have 100% clear tests the next 2 days? 

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Individually...that does it, let’s start a protest and shut down the interstate so they arrive no earlier than 45 minutes before game time Sat night. 

Better yet, Covid-19 checkpoints like here in China.

Actually blm will be blocking the interstate today or tomorrow. It might work. 

17 hours ago, greg775 said:

If this goes on much longer, it's ridiculous for the Cardinals' season to resume. So their pitchers will be going 2-3 innings max for the foreseeable? Time for some of their players/pitchers to opt out. They can't be in proper shape to pitch.

But why though? Not playing in games hasn't prevented anyone from being able to work out. They went through Summer Camp and already played a few games and it's not like starters around the league were only going 2-3 innings when the season first started. I don't know why the Cardinals rotation would be any different.

1 hour ago, oneofthemikes said:

But why though? Not playing in games hasn't prevented anyone from being able to work out. They went through Summer Camp and already played a few games and it's not like starters around the league were only going 2-3 innings when the season first started. I don't know why the Cardinals rotation would be any different.

weren't they l9cked in their motel rooms for most of this?

So tell me how this is better?  Instead of one bus where everyone is isolated together, they are all traveling separate, and all making their own bathroom stops and food stops, meanwhile it all could have been done on a bus with on one else being exposed.  Isn't this exponentially worse?