Sox vs St Louis Covids Game 1 8/15 thread, noon start

southsider2k5

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Even better, for some reason had a notion you were a golden domer.  Regardless, let's kick some ass and do some headbanging!

Nope, one of the few from The Region who can't stand ND.  Hopefully this lines up as a series we take with all of the negatives going for St Louis right now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I'm really curious to see how this game goes. Giolito against a lineup that has hardly even practiced (at least theoretically) for over 2 weeks. He could make them look terrible if he uses more than 2 pitches

Hopefully he can keep his pitch count down and take all 7 innings.

5 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Nope, one of the few from The Region who can't stand ND.  Hopefully this lines up as a series we take with all of the negatives going for St Louis right now.

I'm with you. Compounded by being getting my undergrad at Marquette.

3 hours ago, pcq said:

Cardinals have DHs Monday and Wednesday against the Cub. They can't be serious about this. 

Why not? With 7 inning games and expanded rosters, it shouldn't be that tough. Its baseball not football or running marathons. 

Cardinals pitching will be overtaxed with eight games in five days even with seven inning games. You also need guys warming up in the pen a lot and they have not played in twenty days. Sounds dangerous to me. I would be concerned. Imagine if one of their starters can only pitch a couple of innings which could well happen. The time off could be a real issue. Don Cooper would have a stroke if that was his staff. 

3 minutes ago, pcq said:

Cardinals pitching will be overtaxed with eight games in five days even with seven inning games. You also need guys warming up in the pen a lot and they have not played in twenty days. Sounds dangerous to me. I would be concerned. Imagine if one of their starters can only pitch a couple of innings which could well happen. The time off could be a real issue. Don Cooper would have a stroke if that was his staff. 

No doubt. They need to add extra pitchers for many of their roster spots.